One of The Few

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Waited 30+ years for one of these,, Mint condition to boot! :) :wink:

These are covered in John C. Dougan's latest book "Ruger Pistols & Revolvers" in the Intro and on pages 127, 328 - 330, two of the lighters are on page 325.

In November 1955 WBR ordered 200 of these from "Carey Crafts" for Xmas presents for family and friends.

Back of ashtray, you can see where they wrote Carey Crafts into the green ware and later the Gold painted signature "E. Carey"

With a trio of lighters, two of which are on page 325 of John's book. This is an old post on the third lighter,,

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=161834&p=1625694&hilit=Ruger+Lighters#p1625694

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=161834&p=1625694&hilit=Ruger+Lighters#p1625694

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
T A....that is some history there, you have. You should fire up a cigar with that robbed lighter and give that ash tray a run and put it away.

contender

Ruger Guru
VERY nice. As much as I collect all the memorabilia stuff, I do not have ANY of those 4 items. Those are some mighty nice & RARE items to find.

PS; Christmas is coming soon, & I've been really, really good this year,,,, you can send any one of those items to NC if you wish! :D

gunsbam69

Hunter
JPGLSG said:
T A....that is some history there, you have. You should fire up a cigar with that robbed lighter and give that ash tray a run and put it away.

X2 and put it out on your boot when you're done so you don't burn the paint :mrgreen:

Awesome collection!

radicalrod

Hunter
TA, I see the "POWER OF THE LIGHTER" has stuck again :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't own an ash tray like that ....YET :wink: :wink: :wink: RR

radicalrod

Hunter
TA, you need to find one of these lighters....they are REALLY RARE...only 5 made :!: :!: :!:

And this is a ONE OF ONE.....

Here is one you need too....

This one was from WBR's desk...he saved it for himself... RR

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I love old stuff. Have quite a number of pieces, big and small, furniture, pocket stuff, tools, guns, etc. that are many, many years older than this old fossil (me) :mrgreen: :lol: . Thanks for sharing. :D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Thanks guy's!

I have only seen two of these come up for sale. In 2012 Chad had one for sale and I bought it and a couple other pieces from him, when Chad went to put the package together he could not find that ashtray anywhere and he looked several times. He MORE than made up for it and that's how I acquired the "1955 Pistols" (Packard) lighter. This ashtray came up on ebay and I had Chad take a peek at it.

I remembered what the "Reverend Radical Rod" once told me,,,,,,"At an auction the last man standing, with one hand full of money and his other hand up in the air shall prevail" :) :wink:

Radical,
Those "Custom" lighters are NICE pieces,,,That Ruger yellow wreath lighter is a rare bird!! I've only seen two before. YOU put a curse on me when you let me hold WBR's personal lighter and those darn pens. Good stuff!

[PS; Christmas is coming soon, & I've been really, really good this year,,,, you can send any one of those items to NC if you wish! :D] quote contender

I have no doubt you have been good,,,,But NOT that good! :wink:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
YOU'RE the one! :x :lol: Saw that and just kept hoping but didn't take long to see where it was heading for price. :cry:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
BlkHawk73 said:
YOU'RE the one! :x :lol: Saw that and just kept hoping but didn't take long to see where it was heading for price. :cry:

Were you 7*****9 ?

As to the price I was pleased with the end! :wink: I once learned a lesson on one of those Pewter Shot Glass's by not bidding what it was worth to me,,,hoping no one else saw it and lost by $5.00,, :cry: . So when I saw this I made my mind up I was going to own it, just didn't know the final cost.

To me they are the "Holy Grail" of Ruger Pottery,,, and those pieces that have survived in tack (mint) usually change hands behind the scene's and are never offered to the average collector & as with the OM's condition & rarity is what drives the bus. :) :wink:

I wish you well in your quest.
Terry