A Forum member is slipping around the East Coast

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
One of our more colorful & fun members is on a road trip around the eastern section of the USA! From the low country of Louisiana, he & his lovely wife have been driving & visiting family & friends all over. Yesterday,,, it was my turn.
Hank & Suzie came to my little cradle in the mountains of WNC to visit a while. Other than the internet, we'd never met,,, yet it was like to long time old buddies just catching up.
Since it was a perfect time to see some of our fall colors,, I had to give them a short tour of my home area. I took them to a few places that most of our visitors never see, and gave them a bit of the local history that most miss. Several of the views were on back roads & places most never see. As darkness was settling, we retired to my house for a simple home cooked meal. Nothing fancy,,, just home cooking with venison tenderloin as the main course.
Of course,,, what would a Ruger Forum member trip be w/o a bit of Ruger talk & the fondling of guns. Hank & I had already made a deal in a Hawkeye, boxed,,, that moved from the swampland to the mountains. From what I hear,,, Cholo almost kidnapped it. Good thing he came to his senses,,as I'd hate to deliver him a present of a 1/2 pint jelly jar full of skunk essence,,,,,, one stinky syringe at a time. :D

All too soon, the evening hours turned late, and as such, it was time to say goodbye. They are off on another leg of their trip & I have to get back to the daily grind called work.
But as we like to say,,, we gotta have pics!
Here is Suzie, myself & Hank!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Hank's had some rough road to travel the last year or so, which makes it even better to see him up and about, and to know he and Susie made it your part of the woods, Ty. I'm guessing the visit could have lasted days were the time available? We wish 'em a fantastic and safe trip, full of new memories!

Rick C

Cholo

Staff member
I'm glad they could make it up your way, Ty! I believe I kept them up too late Saturday night. Sunday we took a several hour tour of Chickamauga Battlefield and the museum, which is fascinating! I know you had as good a time as I did. God never made 2 finer people. I'm glad y'all were able to finally get together... :D

Yep, that onery looking codger on the right is old Hank and it looks like he hasn't chased his dear wife off yet! I got to visit with Hank and Suzie for an evening lasts year and I still think about it all the time. If you ever want to see grace in action, read one of Suzie's thank you notes after you sell Hank a set of ivories! That lady has the nicest handwriting and sweetest words I have ever seen! Two of the finest people you will ever get to meet. The ugly bald guy in the middle with the smelly feet isn't too bad a guy himself!

Hank and Susie are looking good. I am pleased to see Hank hale and hearty! :) Ty you look the same as earlier this month! Hmmm I don't remember your feet smelling unless that was what I smelled when you opened that refrigerator! :shock:
gramps

contender

Ruger Guru
Unfortunately,,, they didn't have much time to visit. When they come back, they will get to see more & I will show them many local spots of interest. The short visit did allow a gentle ride through some pretty spots not usually seen by most who visit.

Latest posts