Announcing the Callshot Fan Club

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I can't agree more with Dick, Jeff & Fermin.
Steve is the kind of man most of us aspire to be. He married Betty "for better or worse," and he meant it. His proclamation before God was his word, and he stood by it. While many lesser men have failed to be able to abide by their word, Steve never faltered.
His strength came from his faith & his love for Betty. Anybody who frequented here could easily see it.
So when Dick & Jeff say that Steve is at peace, believe them.

As it's so often said; "He's a man to ride the river with."

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
COR, 2 hours behind us......callshot said the service will be recorded and you can listen to it on cd by going to the website at a later time.

http://www.simsfh.com/fh/home/home.cfm?fh_id=11523

Paracletecomes

Bearcat
Steve,

Thanks for being what America needs. A man, that stands by his word, his honor and his marriage. Many men would be willing to die for their family, but few can LIVE FOR THEM. Honor, courage and commitment really are core values you hold dear. This is obvious from being with you, I want to tell you Julia and I, love and appreciate who you are and what you do! Keep pushing forward, there are more days for you to serve in the kingdom.

Blessings

Wow! As a nurse of 44 years, and as someone who kept my mother in law in her home for 1.5 years after a stroke, I am fully aware that Callshot is a SAINT! 8) Thanks for the ride fellows, the education, and the re-affirmaton in humanity. I wore a blue thong once for a massage class. :shock: The thong was bought for me by a blind therapist. I couldn't see how to put it on at first. :roll: Even though I am in Tn I don't have a plaid shirt. I have a few failings, but I am working on them.
gramps

ps Just finished reading this epic tale. I started Monday PM.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
gramps, anyone that can read this epic tale in its entirety is automatically a member of the Callshot Fan Club! So strap on your .44 spc and peg leg, put on your Woolrich plaid vest, grab a huckleberry shake, and adjust your thong! Welcome to the brotherhood! :roll: :lol: :shock: 8) :oops:

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I'm glad to see this thread revived. I read through it a few years ago--didn't read every word, but skimmed and read most of it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve Call a few years ago and spent an afternoon with him and Dick Thompson. We went shooting at their range, enjoyed huckleberry milkshakes, and ate watermelon in Steve's backyard. He gave me a tour of his home, showing me his reloading room and the bedroom where Betty had lain ill. He even sent me away with a wonderful souvenir: a 44 Special cartridge made with a genuine Callshot case. I don't have a 44 gun, but will hold onto that cartridge as a great memento of my visit and the great man that he is.

Folks, these men are every bit as warm and kind as some have made them out to be. I was a total stranger who contacted them out of the blue shortly in advance of a trip that was to include a stop in Soda Springs. They took me in, showed me around the town, and gave me several hours of great conversation and wisdom. I was most impressed by Steve's humor and humility, and by Dick's love of life and devotion to family. Together, they have vast outdoor knowledge. Both of them are absolutely selfless and just as nice as can be.

I've enjoyed going back and re-reading the long thread about the fellow whose ordinary days can hardly be handled by any less than an extraordinary man. I guess I don't qualify for full fan club membership, because I don't own a 44 Special and I refuse to wear Crocs (although I'd love to find a Woolrich plaid vest, and would probably wear it every day). I'm really looking forward to meeting up with these guys again, along with hopefully many others, next Summer.

Man you got the royal treatment from old Steve and Dick. I stopped by Soda Springs last week and all I got was some pretty red 41 slugs and dinner with a couple of really rank old fellas! No seriously, Steve and Dick are always so willing to meet a guy for a shake or a dinner of Mexican food at just the drop of a hat. I just wish I could have been with Dick a few nights later when he ran into 108 head of elk and 2 moose and he missed ALL of them with his 480! :lol:

callshot

Blackhawk
Yes Robb, I know what you mean about a couple of rank old fellers! I represent that fact. I also have to pay for the shakes and dinner in order to have friends!

I thought that this thread had died and Fermin told me that my 15 minutes of fame was over. That was a LONG time ago, but I am going through my second childhood now so we can all make jokes and laugh again. Life is great at the clubhouse!

Steve Call aka cant'shoot

sixshot

Buckeye
Callshot's memory is shorter than his trigger finger, he's never bought the huckleberry shakes, although he does supply the berries! And, Robb Barnes bought lunch the other day, the visit was too short but still fun. I wish he had been with me when that herd of elk tried to trample my truck with me in it. 108 head of elk is quite a sight! I got to watch them for several minutes, 2 of the bulls started fighting, another bull kept trying to mount a cow, he was working her pretty hard but she wouldn't stand, reminded me of Callshot & Buffalo woman, the one that uses a Dutch oven for a purse! I'm heading back out today for a rematch, hoping they will still be there & I can punch my tag, that snow is getting lower on the mountain tops & the days are getting shorter. Wish I could get this photo downloaded off my new smart phone!!

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Callshot is very generous with his huckleberries! He has the only combination lock freezer I've ever seen, much like a gun safe, to store his berries in. He then disperses them in re-used dixie cups that have been washed out to bring to the Arctic Zone where they are more than happy to mix up huckleberry shakes out of season and honor Callshots expired coupons.

Jeff Hoover said:
gramps, anyone that can read this epic tale in its entirety is automatically a member of the Callshot Fan Club! So strap on your .44 spc and peg leg, put on your Woolrich plaid vest, grab a huckleberry shake, and adjust your thong! Welcome to the brotherhood! :roll: :lol: :shock: 8) :oops:

Thank you, I am honored. I went through Soda Springs years ago on the way to and fro from Yellowstone and Hot Springs. Wish I had known of Callshot then. :)
gramps