New little .45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tellico

Buckeye
Just finished this really small .45 "packin" pistol.
Vaquero Sheriff with a .32 Single Six GF and a scarce blued Super hammer. I wish Ruger would still make the hammers. I think they look much better than the SS ones. IMHO.
Fred

mistermills357

Blackhawk
That is a sharp-looking pocket-carry gun, if I have ever seen one!
One of those would be handy anywhere in America now-a-days.

Tellico

Buckeye
Thanks all! The .32 Single Six GF is steel, but 1/4 in. shorter than any other Ruger plow handle. Helps concealment quite a bit.
Fred

Jim Puke

Hunter
I hope yours shoots better than mine. I only have 2 guns that I cannot consistently hit anything with...one is a Glock 17 and the other is a stainless New Vaquero 3.75" in 45 colt. I have the same gun in 44 special and it shoots lights-out.

Tellico

Buckeye
I have not shot it yet Jim. Working at the gun range I don't have much time to shoot. Strange! I just bought an Alaskan to shoot some .44 spl. ammo I bought that is too hot for my Flat top and I haven't shot it yet. Winter may be a better time?
Fred

Tellico

Buckeye
Jim Luke said:
I hope yours shoots better than mine. I only have 2 guns that I cannot consistently hit anything with...one is a Glock 17 and the other is a stainless New Vaquero 3.75" in 45 colt. I have the same gun in 44 special and it shoots lights-out.

Well Jim I finally got to shoot the little gun and you are right! The gun does the usual newer Ruger thing with 4 in a group and two out. I checked the chamber mouth diam. and found all are too tight, a .451 JHP wont go through any of them. Guess I will need to ream them to .4525 if I want any kind of acc. with lead?
I hear there is a new outfit offering this service if I can locate the post again. I may just buy the reamer and start doing my own. Could of had it paid for with as many as I've had done.
Fred
PS My .44 Flat top shoots great too. Wonder why the .45 cylinders can't be made with the care the .44s are?

BearBio

Buckeye
Here's two of mine. Both started out as birdsheads Vaqueros. The Bisley, I sold but was my bear gun for a few years. The other is just an all-round carry gun. Both are 45 Colts and are "OM" Vaqueros.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Vary nice indeed, that set up would sell in todays SA market I do believe. How hard was it to locate the grip frame ???

BearBio

Buckeye
I bought a 5 1/2 " Bisley and swapped parts. Had the birdshead on the 5 1/2 incher but ended up putting a plow handle on it. As I said, the Bisley handled full house, Ruger-only loads quite well.

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
I have a sad story about a Colt Bisley I missed out on back circa 1978.. I cry like a baby every time I think about it. :)

Sure would like a production Ruger Bisley set up like yours- in 45 ACP. That's a sharp pistola!

That would stop the wailing.. :)