Thrift Shop Book Luck

Help Support Ruger Forum:

luckyday

Blackhawk
Browsing an out of town Thrift-Shop I had some luck at the book rack. Now I just need to carefully remove those poorly placed price tags without messing up the books and dustcovers.

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
Whoever was responsible for doing the pricing obviously didn't like or know anything about guns.
You did buy all of them didn't you?

turbo111

Single-Sixer
Dab the sticker with a wet towel and let soak. May take a few times. This will make the sticker come off much easier and wont damage the glossy book jacket.

luckyday

Blackhawk
I bought them all and asked if they had more like these; found "Gunsmith's Kinks I" and "Gunsmith's Kinks II" in the back, look like first year printings from Brownells.

Thanks for the tip on sticker removal, I give it a try.

Charlie

I HATE those stickers; have to remove them all the time. General rule on removing stickers and tape is: GO AS SLOW AS YOU CAN STAND. It really works. You should be able to pull those off without any water or other help, as long as you really take your time.

Worth it, especially on a deal like that! Congratulations; you have an "instant gun library"!

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
That is a great find! I ran across a Frederic Remington framed print of the "The Stampede" for $5 last summer in a thrift shop but you just beat that one all to heck!

contender

Ruger Guru
What a find!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent.
Another tip.
A dab of WD-40 on top of the sticker & let it soak in. It'll dissolve glue. I peel stickers, tape & other such stuff off all the time with it.

Snake45

Hawkeye
The Skeeter Skelton book alone is worth at least twice what you paid for ALL of them. Maybe four or more times as much. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nicely done, dude. Congratulations!

luckyday

Blackhawk
That is funny!
Thank you.

Nh Rugerman said:
I had to go check my book shelves, I thought the wife may have finally followed thru on her threats.....I keep telling her they're worth a lot of money and her response is "they aren't if you won't sell them!"

contender said:
Tell her they will be worth a lot more if she waits until you are gone to sell them! Teach her about auctions,,,,,!

Contender
Believe me, I do! She just likes to give me a hard time, after 32 years or marriage, she may be looking forward to the auctions! :? :cry: :shock: :lol:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Wow! They're all a steal at buck ninety nine each, but "Hell, I Was There!", the Brophy Marlin book, and of course Skeeter's "Good Friends, Good Guns, Good Whiskey" are very valuable. The last pops up on Ebay and commands a real premium!

Nice finds! My money may have caught fire if I had stumbled upon that treasure trove! The friction taking it out of my wallet so fast would have lit it up in flames!