Who is this?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
If you know who this is then you know where it is...

143ol4x.png

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I'm with Jim. It looks like Buffalo Bill, and would be in the town with his name. One of my favorite Wyoming towns.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

A buddy just got back from a motorcycle trip to Cody. He's not big on pictures of these trips, but I'm pretty sure he saw "The Scout" while he was there...

Rick C

I don't think you will see pictures of Kit Carson with a beard especially like the one Bill always had. :D

Since Ed will not end the wait here ya go.

The Scout, a bronze statue of a mounted rider outside the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming, was placed in 1924 to commemorate the town's most famous resident and de facto founder, Buffalo Bill Cody. Originally in open land on the western outskirts of Cody, the statue today stands at the end of Sheridan Avenue, the town's main thoroughfare, as the town has grown to the west. The project was initiated by Cody's niece, Mary Jester Allen, who had established the basis of what would become the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. A New Yorker, she persuaded heiress and artist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney to sculpt the piece.

250px-The_Scout_by_Gertrude_Vanderbilt_Whitney.jpg

Kit Carson

250px-Kit_Carson_photograph_restored.jpg

Buffalo Bill
220px-Buffalo_Bill_Cody_ca1875.jpg

Ruger36

Bearcat
Any one see Bob Edgar from Cody shooting his colt ,he would have you hold a business card, Then holding his colt upside down looking in a mirror put a hole in the card,He has the Old Trail Town outside of Cody