Don't see many of these.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Kevin said:
No. Never heard of them. Is it a single shot? The action looks a little like a No. 1. I bet it's accurate. What's the scope?
Weaver T-16. Pic does not do the rifle justice. Wood is beautiful and gun is a tack driver

j p sixguns welldone

Single-Sixer
Nice! Like danjet500 said they were made in wickliffe Ohio by triple s development from76 till79 I believe they were somewhat of a copy of the Stevens44 1/2 stocks were made by bishop . Is yours stamped with the triple s development and Bell on the barr
el most of the 22 hornets I've seen were called stingers and were engraved with a hornet on the side of the action.I've got a 30/06 and 25/06 passed on a 270 once and sure wish I wouldn't have nice rifles.

Nice rifle, and they were pretty good shooters, brings back memories of when Triple S Dev, brought our shop the receivers to "try" and 'blue' them but the castings were so "nasty", they would only plum for the most part....used Bishop stocks, and I think they were Shilen barrels, may have used others also,they sold out to one of my gunsmiths, Ed M, and he kept the parts going for a while, then he sold it to Tom O, ,,,,,Tom passed away, as well as Ed M., and the last we heard there is a shop over in Penna. that has them and is making parts and will service them..........one of our Ruger collector friends, John K, used to collect them but sold most at the OGCA and the last ones we had were the, were marked Padre 2 and 3 but sold them last year.........I still have a set of scope bases and rings for one of these, will have to look around..............
yep those were GOOD years for us back in the mid 70's 8)

gtxmonte

Buckeye
j p sixguns welldone said:
Nice! Like danjet500 said they were made in wickliffe Ohio by triple s development from76 till79 I believe they were somewhat of a copy of the Stevens44 1/2 stocks were made by bishop . Is yours stamped with the triple s development and Bell on the barr
el most of the 22 hornets I've seen were called stingers and were engraved with a hornet on the side of the action.I've got a 30/06 and 25/06 passed on a 270 once and sure wish I wouldn't have nice rifles.
Mine has the engraving on the barrel, but has "22 Hor" stamped at the receiver. No Hornet on receiver. This gun has a serial number in the 500s. Have no idea how many they actually made.

It shoots good with the RIGHT load and it took a while to find that. Box ammo is terrible and I started to sell it several times