Front Sight Replacement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TheLasGoodFight

Bearcat
Good evening all,

Back in 2011 I was able to get one of the first run of the Ruger 1911s. Recently I learned a lesson the hard way and I no longer have a front sight. I'd like to replace it without breaking the bank. The sights offered at the Ruger Shop are not the same height as the originals, and the few generic front sights I've purchased have been returned due to their either too large or too small base which will not fit into my sight slot, in spite of advertisement.

Unfortunately, I was unable to measure the actual height of the blade itself as it was not to be found before it blew off, and in my absent mindedness I did not have the forethought to measure the remaining base when I had it.

An internet search for replacement sights is easy enough. What I'd like to know is who you 1911 guys might personally recommend for the replacement I am describing that match the original dimensions of the early Ruger 1911s.

B. Burns

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Send your slide to Novak's. The Ruger factory sights are produced under license from Novak. They are the gold standard in the industry for sights...they invented the combat/low mount sights. They will be able to get a front sight installed for you very quickly and turn around is usually a week or so.

I have had them install their sights on about 8 of my Ruger 1911s. I have never had an issue, and they are super reliable.

BB45C

hittman

Staff member
Or send it to Heine Sights.

You can call them for a quote or get one on line.

Bob C

Bearcat
The front sight on my Commander broke, and Ruger replaced it at no charge. The replacement has held up very well.

Latest posts