Custom 1911 pistols made from a meteorite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
Some meteorites are made of high-nickel-content iron. These pistols have been machined out of solid stock, then etched to bring out the unique crystallization patterns of meteoric iron. Meteorites may have been the source of metal for the first iron weapons. Many legendary weapons, including Jim Bowie's knife, were made from, or included, meteoric iron. The nickel content made them stronger than plain iron weapons. The legendary sword Excaliber was said to have been "drawn from a stone." I suggest that this refers to the smithing process, where the smith "draws out" a shape from a billet of iron.

George

Blackhawk
Yeah there was quite an interesting show on two guns that were built out of a meteorite it was a couple years ago I think but it was cool are reported the gun that could be made out of meteorite was that utilized the meteorite in the best way possible with computer technology and breaking it up between two guns. I don't think they wasted announce! Yellow it was a fantastic show I wish I knew what channel it was on they want over things real well!

Latest posts