SR1911 LWC .45 ACP Issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Herman Kantz

Bearcat
A few months back I bought a Ruger SR1911 LWC in .45 ACP.
The seller had bought it new and put quite a bit of money in aftermarket upgrades and had only fired it a few times after putting the stuff in it.
Storm Lake barrel set.
Wilson Combat Bullet Proof sear and disconnector and retro hammer.
Heine night sights
S&A checkered / arched MSH
Colt thumb safety
I've put about 600 rounds through it and have two issues that I need to address.
One I can fix easily the other not so much.
It frequently ejects the case into my forehead so a slight change of the angle on the ejector is in order.
The inside of the dust cover drags against the slide and has made quite a shiny mark by now.
I can slightly relieve the inside of the dust cover and re-blast the slide but I hate to take the Heine sights out.

Fi6MtL.jpg

Anyone else have the straight back ejection issues or a dragging dust cover?

Thanks
J.

It shoots well enough for an old guy.
crvcwL.jpg

I've had my LWC SR1911 for a bit over three years now. The only function issue I had was no tension on the extractor. It always extracted but threw them every which way, including at my head. Adjusted and now it consistently sends them out to 4 o'clock. The only other change I've made is a Grieder short trigger to accommodate my stubby fingers.

gunzo

Buckeye
I too suspect that the extractor tension is off, youtube vids abound.

For the rubbing in the slide, you can blast a particular area only by masking off surrounding areas. This can save you from having to remove your front sight. Just blast the panel & keep from directly hitting the masking tape with the media & it should be fine. Double tape if using high pressure.

Latest posts