Light weight Commander 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
I know this has been discussed here before but I can't find the post. I have a Lightweight Commander in 9mm and if I pull the magazine out before all rounds have been fired it will drop a single round out of the mag well. What is the cure for this problem?

The pistol will run all rounds out without any problems.

Bret

Bearcat
The is no cure as far as I know. I have a couple of other pistols that do the same thing.

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
Was told by Ruger that it was normal but thought maybe someone had found a solution for it. Doesn't effect the way the pistol operates.

INDY45

Single-Sixer
Had the same problem and Ruger sent me new mags but they did the same thing. Then I bought Wilson combat mags and that problem went away and I have Wilson mags for all my 1911's now.

Cholo

Staff member
mjpchief said:
Was told by Ruger that it was normal but thought maybe someone had found a solution for it.
Yeah, normal. Right. :roll: It's like taking a new car in because the transmission is grinding and they tell you it's normal.

INDY45

Single-Sixer
I called and talked to a gentleman at Wilson combat and explained the problem and was told that there mags would resolve the problem, and so far it has, they are pricey but seem to be well made. I caught them on sale and ordered them for all my Ruger 1911's.

Latest posts