Anyone have a high round count in their Ruger 1911 10mm?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cas6969

Buckeye
Just wondering how they're holding up?

I'm still debating whether I want to get back into the 10mm game, it kind of underwhelmed me. But my real hold up is I'm still smarting from the last one I bought a few years back. A seemingly very nicely build gun, very tight.

It was an inaccurate turd. It went from very tight, to a rattle trap in 450 rounds. :shock:

Ended up selling it at a $600+ loss.

I am pushing a thousand rounds thru mine. I was at close to 300 rounds when it first blew up and was repaired by Ruger. 600+ rounds later, it seems to be holding up perfectly, but still is not reliable with full power loads even though it functioned perfectly before the barrel lug failure. If I stick with the mediocre stuff downloaded to FBI requirements, it functions perfectly. And it still remains my most accurate 1911 ever, regardless of ammunition.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
SA OMEGA ; 292rounds.
S&W 1006 ; 1180 rounds.
S&W 610; 755.
Ruger OM BH 45/8"; 11,515.
Glock 20; 3096.
ALL are going strong but I may hafta clean that Ruger one of these days....yeah...right..
And so it goes...

grobin

Blackhawk
My 10mm convertible a bit over 200 some max handloads. No undue wear. Glock 40 around 300 but no max loads. All full factory or hand loads no FBI mouse loads. No signs of wear or problems.

The problems with under designed under built 19knots seen to be past.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
According to an Instructor pal at Gunsite (just up the road), they are holding up very well indeed, and in impressive fashion.
I could guess they will outlast most old guys' hand n wrist joints...

Latest posts