RUGER 1911 10mm IDIOCY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pdman

Bearcat
Hey All...can someone tell me what absolute moron designed the 10mm ruger 1911 that
needs a "paper clip" to be field stripped..???????? THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF SHEER STUPIDITY...and I have so advised RUGER..
OK..If i had known this beforehand I would have NOT bought one...to me, this is THE HEIGHT of absolute mental deficiency...
YEAH..i dont want it...i want it obliterated so no one can ever see it...

go ahead flame me all u want...RUGER stepped on their ">>>>" this time...
Pete

Snake45

Hawkeye
pdman said:
Hey All...can someone tell me what absolute moron designed the 10mm ruger 1911 that
needs a "paper clip" to be field stripped..???????? THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF SHEER STUPIDITY.
Yeah, it would have been much better if they'd designed it to require a special, proprietary tool, one that could be easily lost or broken, and was only available from the factory at Full Metal Retail. That would have been SO much better.

:roll:

pdman

Bearcat
Hey Snake45..so is that any better than what I have stated..?????? THIS is a MORONIC ruger design fiasco..NO ONE...NO ONE can say that this is something that will fly...
YEAH...just understand that that I am royally pissed off that ruger placed such a FLOP on the market...
Pete

hittman

Staff member
pdman said:
I am royally pissed off that ruger placed such a FLOP on the market...

It'll take some time to determine if this product is a "flop".

After all.....YOU bought one.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
What a silly post ! That style of takedown is at least twenty years old and works just fine. YEE gads...!! Now, kindly go find something serious to Rosie O'Donnell and bellache about, Sir .
And so it goes...

tinman

Buckeye
pdman said:
needs a "paper clip" to be field stripped..???????? THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF SHEER STUPIDITY...and I have so advised RUGER..
OK..If i had known this beforehand I would have NOT bought one...to me, this is THE HEIGHT of absolute mental deficiency...
YEAH..i dont want it...i want it obliterated so no one can ever see it...

Pete

Sounds pretty bad...........I'll give ya $100 for it................ :roll:

Snake45

Hawkeye
WIL TERRY said:
What a silly post ! That style of takedown is at least twenty years old and works just fine. YEE gads...!! Now, kindly go find something serious to Rosie O'Donnell and bellache about, Sir .
And so it goes...
Yup. But more like 30 years. (I built a gun that used that system back in the '80s.) And if one really HATES it, it can be replaced with a "traditional" recoil spring system (that won't work any better, and probably not as well).

BTW, I'd like to nominate this thread's title as MOST HONEST THREAD TITLE IN RUGER FORUM HISTORY. :lol:

Snake45

Hawkeye
pdman said:
Hey Snake45..so is that any better than what I have stated..?????? THIS is a MORONIC ruger design fiasco..NO ONE...NO ONE can say that this is something that will fly...
YEAH...just understand that that I am royally pissed off that ruger placed such a FLOP on the market...
Pete
If you consider use of a paper clip somehow beneath you, you can also accomplish the takedown using a Vice-Grip or a small C-clamp, if it would make you feel better.

Or if the problem is you can't afford a paper clip, I'll be happy to send you one. Hell, I'll send you two. I'll even paint one black and you can call it your Tactical Takedown Tool. :lol:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Seeing as how User Manuals are easily available for DownLoad on the Ruger Site, I'd say Someone didn't do their Homework before plunking down their Money. :roll:

eveled

Hawkeye
Is it because of the FLGR? I don't like em, so I change them out. Is there a reason you can't swap out the the FLGR on the 10mm SR1911? Seems like a big deal about nothing.

Snake45

Hawkeye
eveled said:
Seems like a big deal about nothing.
We live in The Age of Outrage. If you can't find something to be REALLY REALLY PISSED ABOUT every day, you're not trying. :lol:

Apparently, everything else in this guy's life is going pretty well. :wink: :lol:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
pdman said:
Pete
Actually Pete, I think that if anyone stepped on anything, you might want
to look in the mirror. My main suggestion is that you write up anything you
want to post and set it aside for at least a few hours. After a cool down,
then review what you have and if that is 100% valid, go for it. Should it
be something that could easily have a better choice of words to express
the same thoughts, you might consider using them. (been there dun that).

cas6969

Buckeye
I know people with $2k.. $3k... $4k custom built race guns that come apart the same way, but as far as I know, they've adapted quite well.

Not a fan myself, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I am not a fan either but I guess it is needed for the bushingless bull barrel and I guess Ruger thought that was a better option in 10mm.

I do like the traditional barrel with bushing and recoil system as Ruger uses in their SR1911 in 45ACP.

I did think it odd Ruger used the bushingless bull barrel in their 5 inch in 9mm. Have not seen one of those in a LGS yet.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
My main concern would be,, "How does it shoot?" Who cares how you field strip it. Don't buy a Blackhawk. You have to use a screwdriver to remove grips.

Latest posts