RUGER 1911 10mm IDIOCY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Pdman: You could replace the Ruger FLGR with a two piece guide rod if that's not far above your intellectual capabilities. Now you can use your ''tacticool'' Allen wrench instead of just a lowly paper clip.

dakota1911

Buckeye
And if you don't like the SR1911-10 you could try the Ruger/Lipsey Blackhawk 10mm/40S&W convertible revolver in SA.

loaded round

Hunter
Pdman: Wake up and smell the coffee! Almost all FLGR's with that small take down hole were designed to be used with a bent paper clip to disassemble the 1911 with said FLGR. If it would make you feel better, you can buy any size Allen wrench that fits that hole and then cut to size. You will now have a ''real''take down tool that's not a POS bent paper clip and all will be happy in your world!

s4s4u

Hunter
pdman said:
Hey All...can someone tell me what absolute moron designed the 10mm ruger 1911 that
needs a "paper clip" to be field stripped..???????? THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF SHEER STUPIDITY...and I have so advised RUGER..
OK..If i had known this beforehand I would have NOT bought one...to me, this is THE HEIGHT of absolute mental deficiency...
YEAH..i dont want it...i want it obliterated so no one can ever see it...

go ahead flame me all u want...RUGER stepped on their ">>>>" this time...
Pete

I fail to see what the fuss is all about. 5 posts? Drive by complainer I guess.

Enigma

Hunter
We could REALLY annoy him and install a 1-piece extended guide rod in the pistol, and then chuckle as he tries to field strip the pistol... Just saying.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
pdman said:
Hey All...can someone tell me what absolute moron designed the 10mm ruger 1911 that
needs a "paper clip" to be field stripped..???????? THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF SHEER STUPIDITY...and I have so advised RUGER..
OK..If i had known this beforehand I would have NOT bought one...to me, this is THE HEIGHT of absolute mental deficiency...
YEAH..i dont want it...i want it obliterated so no one can ever see it...

go ahead flame me all u want...RUGER stepped on their ">>>>" this time...
Pete

It seems like a small thing, to make a big fuss over. I have fired a 10mm Colt, and if the Ruger is as good as that one was, you have an excellent gun.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Much ado about nothing. Who sits down to disassemble a gun without any tools handy anyway? :roll:

- It is a great redesign of the 1911 to accommodate the pressures of the 10mm cartridge (up to 37,000 psi vs. John Browning's 45ACP/1911 at 21,000 psi).
but I'm still waiting for a longslide Hunter game-worthy version.