SR1911-LE, model 6755 - history? production numbers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Anyone lurking here who knows anything about Ruger SR1911 special models? :shock:

I'd like to know the production numbers and history of the SR1911-LE, model 6755. These appear to be the model 6715, (full size, black, rail gun) modified by Ruger with Trijicon night sights to make a new model to meet an, as yet, unknown Law Enforcement agency's request.
I am aware of two examples, one unused and one used that show only a 22 serial number spread.

These may have been made up in an unsuccessful attempt to secure a larger contract or to meet the needs of a special unit. I am aware that some elite LE agencies, like the Los Angles SWAT team, use full size 'tricked out' 1911s.

The used example entered the retail market via a wholesaler specializing in LE firearms and therefore may have come from an LE agency.

Thanks,
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Finally found the source! :shock: :D

https://bluelineexpress.com/Products/Preview/6755/ruger-sr1911-45acp-night-sights

These are a "Proforce exclusive".

I have a phone call in (voice mail - fellow had left for the day / weekend) to see if we can find out how many they ordered. They still have some in stock!

Terry T

hittman

Staff member
No dealers around here under 100 miles away.

Cheapest was $773 and highest $865.

Ouch ..... and I don't qualify to own one.

Terry T

Buckeye
Thanks to Hank Green, ProForce has revealed that they ordered 125 of these model 6755.
So....mysteries solved. These were not ordered to fill a Law Enforcement contract.

ProForce is a Law Enforcement only retailer. They do not sell to the general public. I've been in their Brea, Ca. store with my son, a CHP officer. He had to show his L.E. identification before they would even open the door!
Terry T

Latest posts