SR1911 Commander front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

onfinal

Bearcat
Is the front sight on my new SR1911 Commander pinned? I would like to drift it ever so slightly to the right but don't want to break anything.

I shot it for the first time today and all shots were right unless I overcompensated left. When I checked the sights the front sight is noticeably off to the left. I think if I could center it with a few taps my problem would be solved.

Otherwise the gun shot beautifully right out of the box. Not one hiccup in 150 rounds and it began to loosen up as I went along. I am really pleased with it. Will be more pleased when I can get it shooting where I aim it.

Front sight does not appear to be pinned to the naked eye but expert opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
I have a SR1911 standard model, and the front sight is pressed into a dovetail slot but is not pinned. I believe the commander model is the same design.

I had the front sight on my SR1911 changed to a FO front sight...

hittman

Staff member
I'd check owners manual and/or call Ruger. They're very helpful on the phone.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I have the standard model and it seems to shoot just a little to the left. My gunsmith told me yesterday that he can tap it just a smidgeon and put it over slightly. I prefer that to sending it back to Ruger.

Latest posts