Stag grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
I've always wanted some stag grips for my 1911s, but I never bought any because of the cost. I've seen Sambar stags go for $200 to $300, and that didn't really make sense to buy for some of my 1911s, which didn't cost a whole lot more than that! I've had some that were over $1000 too...but still, I always wanted more guns more than I wanted to spend a lot on grips.

My SR1911 CMD is my only 1911 now, and it's definitely a keeper, so I finally decided it was now or maybe never...I'm 67, and who knows how long I'll be around! :shock: :lol: I also found some good prices on various antler horn stags, not Sambar, but still very nice. In particular, this one vendor had them on sale through the July 4th holiday for $100, so I decided to go ahead. This is a picture from the vendor, and when I get them, I'll post a picture of them on my gun.

https://www.lonestarstaggrips.com/products/1911-aged-bark

GKC

Blackhawk
s4s4u said:
Those looks real nice. Too nice for me, ha.

Well, I've always thought that when looking at $300 grips...not that they are too nice for YOU, but too nice for me! :lol: Especially on a $600 gun. However, at $100, it's hard to pass them up...especially when my SR1911 is a keeper. I spend more than that on miscellaneous cr...er, stuff, that won't last like these grips will.

GKC

Blackhawk
eveled said:
GKC did you get em yet? Mine are due in tomorrow.

No...in fact, when I ordered them, he said mine would take 3 - 4 weeks to deliver. I guess mine weren't in stock, and had to be made. It's been a couple of weeks now, although it seems like a couple of months!

GKC

Blackhawk
eveled said:
GKC did you get em yet? Mine are due in tomorrow.

I just asked him for a status update...he said it'd be about another week or so.

GKC

Blackhawk
I still don't have my grips. I sent him an email asking for an update, and he replied saying he'd been sick, and he'd try to get them out in another week. I'm about ready to just tell him to refund my money, but that's a good price ($100) if his product is actually good, so I guess I should be patient. I know what it's like to be sick, as I've been through that quite a bit here lately myself. I'm not too impressed with his communication...but I'm not perfect either.

eveled

Hawkeye
Yes I did get them as promised. They are beautiful. I wish I could post pictures, here. Everytime I figure it out, something changes.

Id be patient if I were you, it's a good deal, and I'm sure you'll be happy with them, once they arrive.

GKC

Blackhawk
eveled said:
Yes I did get them as promised. They are beautiful. I wish I could post pictures, here. Everytime I figure it out, something changes.

Id be patient if I were you, it's a good deal, and I'm sure you'll be happy with them, once they arrive.

I could barely work Photobucket, and then they went all greedy, so I switched to Imgur. I think I've finally got it down, and hopefully I'll be posting pictures of my new grips next week!

GKC

Blackhawk
Well, the grips are supposed to be shipped this coming Wednesday. He said he's been sick and in and out of the hospital. I post pictures of them when I get them.

eveled

Hawkeye
Makes me wonder the reason for the sale in the first place. Makes me wonder if it's an exit strategy. If he knew he was real sick and wanted to liquidate his inventory, but oversold. Like I said I'm happy with mine, hope you get yours soon.

See this thread post number 8.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-sunday-picture-show-8-26-2018-new-show-look-at-the-date.1606783/

Now that I look at the pictures, they are mismatched. They are on the guns as they were shipped, but I think I may have to switch them. IDK.

GKC

Blackhawk
eveled said:
Makes me wonder the reason for the sale in the first place. Makes me wonder if it's an exit strategy. If he knew he was real sick and wanted to liquidate his inventory, but oversold. Like I said I'm happy with mine, hope you get yours soon.

See this thread post number 8.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-sunday-picture-show-8-26-2018-new-show-look-at-the-date.1606783/

Now that I look at the pictures, they are mismatched. They are on the guns as they were shipped, but I think I may have to switch them. IDK.

I don't know what the deal was either...but he said he would ship them on Wednesday and I got them on Friday. I was very disappointed in the packaging....they were loose, no bubble wrap or any cushioning wrap, inside a very thin bubble envelope. I never ship any grips I sell that way...but they got here OK. They look very good...I haven't put them on the gun yet. I've been very sick all weekend, and just didn't feel like doing it. This is highly unusual for me...normally when I get something new, I have to install it right away! I'll try to get them on as soon as possible.

Latest posts