First date with my new SR1911 Lightweight 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

walnut777

Bearcat
I have to say I am overly impressed with this pistol. The trigger is amazing! The weight is great. It fed 100 rounds. No hiccups at all! The grouping was nice. Worth every penny! I really like the MecGar mags I purchased. They loaded all 9 with ease and performed perfectly. I just some Remington and Winchester 115grain FMJ from the safe and off to field I went.

I got a tad cocky and took my 1st 5 shots right out of the box at 25 yards.
BgNLVBA.jpg

This pic I was at 20 yards. I shot 5 shots with a 2 second pause between shots and the other five which are a little more all over the place are drawing from holster and fire as fast and safely as possible.
iI3bnam.jpg

next is 15 yards. 15 shots 2 seconds between each shot. that one large hole is 10 shots. The holes a little more scattered are drawing from holster both eyes open, fire, safety, holster, repeat as fast and safely as possible
IeHW30h.jpg

dpayne

Bearcat
Nice shooting! I keep telling myself I don't need another 1911 but I know I would like this one. Thanks for the pics.

chowser51

Bearcat
Congrats! I love mine. Got one when they first came out. It's a sweet shooter. I had ADCO extend and thread my barrel so I could shoot it suppressed.

hittman

Staff member
Mine quickly developed into my favorite center fire semi auto. Took it out again last weekend and it digested another 200 rounds. It's never had a hiccup no matter what ammo I load into it.

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
After several years of looking and telling myself I really didn't need one I went ahead and ordered one last week. Expected delivery is by the end of this week. I am so ready!

rman

Bearcat
I just picked one up about 3 weeks ago. I've only got 100 rounds through it so far and it was flawless. I love mine too. Good shooting!

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
Picked up mine a few days ago. Disassembled, cleaned and lubed. Now waiting for a chance to get to the range. Trigger feels sweet!

hittman

Staff member
I shot mine again last weekend and as a FREE bonus I picked up over 200 brass someone left scattered in the grass!

rman

Bearcat
hittman said:
I shot mine again last weekend and as a FREE bonus I picked up over 200 brass someone left scattered in the grass!
That's a great bonus. Love folks who don't reload.

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
Have had mine to the range twice now. Consistently shoots left of point of aim by about 2 1/2-3inches at 30 feet. Moving the rear sight this week and then back to range . Love the gun!

rman

Bearcat
Sturgis270 said:
Have had mine to the range twice now. Consistently shoots left of point of aim by about 2 1/2-3inches at 30 feet. Moving the rear sight this week and then back to range . Love the gun!
Shot mine again today and it also shoots to the left about 1-1/2 to 2". Got to fix that before the next range trip.

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
rman said:
Sturgis270 said:
Shot mine again today and it also shoots to the left about 1-1/2 to 2". Got to fix that before the next range trip.
After twice having the rear sight tweaked a bit I'm now happy with the sights. At this point its now my eyes but the gun shoots great.

chowser51

Bearcat
I got one when they first came out. Love it!
It was a had no sleep night on my birthday bid and woke up to a win.

r5.jpg

Obviously I did some stuff to mine.

Latest posts