SR1911 9mm Commander magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I would not mind getting another 1 or 2 mags for my 9mm Commander but can't bring myself to shell out $40 EACH plus shipping at Shop Ruger.

None of my local stores carry any 9mm 1911 magazines.

Anybody know a brand that works well or one to avoid? CDNN a good source? They offer half a dozen but I've never heard of brands like Zenith. :shock: I thought they made televisions years ago!

dieter9mm

Bearcat
I bought 5 of the 10mm mags from Joe's 1911 MagMania. They're great. Arrived quickly, work well (better than Ruger's) and much less expensive!

hittman

Staff member
Thanks to all for your help! I'll get serious about the internet search this weekend.

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
MecGar & Metalform 9 round mags work equally well in my Ruger SR911 9mm Commander and Colt Combat Commander 9mm. Haven't had any type of malfunction.

walnut777

Bearcat
I just received my sr1911 9mm commander about 2 days ago and the reviews are right. Factory mags are a pain to load every bullet. I wanted some backup mags so I ordered 2 MecGar mages for around 17 bucks each. I had great luck with I purchased 17 rd Mec Gar mags for my P89 over 10 years ago. I still have the P89 and the Mec Gar mags.
I think I ordered them on cheaper than dirt. Let me look and see for sure. I do all my shopping online so I forget who I order what from all the time.

walnut777

Bearcat
hittman said:
I would not mind getting another 1 or 2 mags for my 9mm Commander but can't bring myself to shell out $40 EACH plus shipping at Shop Ruger.

None of my local stores carry any 9mm 1911 magazines.

Anybody know a brand that works well or one to avoid? CDNN a good source? They offer half a dozen but I've never heard of brands like Zenith. :shock: I thought they made televisions years ago!

I purchased 2 9 rounds Mec Gar mags from cheaper than dirt at a good price. I got to use the mags today at the range. I can load all 9 with ease. No frustration like the ruger mags. They fed every bullet flawlessly.

I went with mecgar because I had purchased a 17 round mag from them for my p89 many year ago and it still works perfectly