Ruger Officer model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dakota1911

Buckeye
Officers comes from the old no longer made Colt model. Colt introduced it in 1984 I think. Below a Colt Gov on top and under that a Colt Commander where the barrel slide went to 4.25 inches which Colt developed for the Army trials for a new pistol in the late 40s. The tests were canceled but the pistol was made and sold. Under that an Officers variant with a shorter grip and a 3.5 inch slide/barrel. On the bottom a Defender with the 3 inch slide and shorter "Officers" grip.

Or one can look at the slides.

DiamondD

Bearcat
DiamondD said:
I want a cco,officer frame, commander slide. I'd buy one in 9mm and one in .38 Super if they'd make them.

Well I got exactly what I wanted today. Brought home my Officer and my Commander slide fits right on the Officer frame. Now if they'd bring out a 38 Super I'd be really happy.

jeff1122

Bearcat
For the unlucky Maryland residents; the 6758 is not on the 'allowed' list yet. I've sent a request to the Md State Police Handgun Roster Board asking that it be approved. They only meet every few months though. Stay tuned.

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
Check the classified area. Mine is for sale for $625, shot only once (have other projects).

https://ruger.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6758.html

Trooper Joe

dakota1911

Buckeye
Old thread, but worth a reply. Colt came out with the Officers ACP in 1984 I think. One thought has it Colt picked the "Officers" name from a revolver which had been quite successful. It had a 3.5 inch slide/barrel and a shorter grip and magazine. Back in the day it may have been Colt was looking at small 1911 variants like Detonics made and thought there might be a market there. Below a 1977 Detonics on the top and a 1985 Colt Officers ACP on the bottom.