What I don't like about my SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dickn52

Bearcat
The baggie thing actually works. But then again so does a 1 liter pop bottle as a one time suppressor.

dickn52 said:
At my range the 'brass whores' jump on the things before the second bounce. I only reload them twice so I say nothing. :lol:

That would be the day I'd allow that, I reload them so much I loose count.
Get a bad case I chuck em. You can get more than 10 reloads easily. ps

dickn52

Bearcat
powder smoke said:
dickn52 said:
At my range the 'brass whores' jump on the things before the second bounce. I only reload them twice so I say nothing. :lol:

That would be the day I'd allow that, I reload them so much I loose count.
Get a bad case I chuck em. You can get more than 10 reloads easily. ps
These are range pickups that the club gave me. I have no idea how many times they were reloaded before I got them. Not to mention I'm sitting on about 4K of them in boxes and baggies.

GKC

Blackhawk
ditto1958 said:
One can never have too much brass.

Well...I don't reload, so unless my brass has a bullet and powder in it, it's too much. :lol:

ditto1958

Blackhawk
GKC said:
ditto1958 said:
One can never have too much brass.

Well...I don't reload, so unless my brass has a bullet and powder in it, it's too much. :lol:

Well... I do reload, and I also don't see a psychiatrist. Based on that, I think it's reasonable to assume a cause and effect relationship. Reloading is obviously therapeutic, and cures most moderate mental health problems.

Think about it- once you start reloading, that brass at the range takes on a different look. If you are at the range, and brass is all over the place, as you pick it up, you will feel a lot better about it, knowing that you are collecting valuable components to reload. Your SR1911 is really good at spewing components around.

It's a win-win situation.

GKC

Blackhawk
ditto1958 said:
Well... I do reload, and I also don't see a psychiatrist. Based on that, I think it's reasonable to assume a cause and effect relationship. Reloading is obviously therapeutic, and cures most moderate mental health problems.

The only flaw in your logic, as applies to me anyway, is that you said "moderate" ... :lol:

ditto1958

Blackhawk
GKC said:
ditto1958 said:

The only flaw in your logic, as applies to me anyway, is that you said "moderate" ... :lol:

Well, there likely is an element of Darwinism involved. Since reloading requires handling somewhat hazardous components, it could very easy help weed out the not-so-moderate cases. :)

GKC

Blackhawk
ditto1958 said:
Well, there likely is an element of Darwinism involved. Since reloading requires handling somewhat hazardous components, it could very easy help weed out the not-so-moderate cases. :)

I am enough of a hazardous component...I don't need to push my luck by reloading. :lol:

At one time, I seriously considered getting into reloading. Now, though, since I'm not a high volume shooter, it's probably better to just buy commercial ammo, and not invest in all the equipment and trouble.