I think I'll stick with .45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Looked at a couple of Kimber "Micros" in 9MM yesterday. Nice but a couple of things I didn't care fore were the small frame mounted safety, it was hard to manipulate due to it's small size, and no beavertail safety. I may look at some of the compact Kimber .45's. Nice, easy to use frame mounted safety and it has the beavertail safety also. Also not a great deal bigger then the Micro 9mm and not much more money either. I think with Kimber you are paying for K-I-M-B-E-R printed on the frame. No more bells and whistles that the SR1911 line from Ruger, just available in a more compact size.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
A buddy at the range carries a baby Kimber in 45. We tease him that it's over-priced and over-rated, and he agrees. Fact is, though, he can shoot that thing like you wouldn't believe. Kimber makes some darn good guns.

modrifle3

Buckeye
dickn52 said:
What the old saying....I carry a .45 because they haven't made a .46 yet.

Actually . . . .460 Rowland LOL . . . I know its the same bullet, just a perfect comment at the time.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
dickn52 said:
What the old saying....I carry a .45 because they haven't made a .46 yet.

I heard a funny tongue-in-cheek recently:

A 357 has to expand to become the size of a 45, but a 45 has to shrink to become the size of a 357.....

Clovishound

Blackhawk
Funny t-shirts and bumper stickers aside, from what I have been able to gather, .45 and .357 magnum are in the same league as far as effectiveness. I don't think you will see any 1911s chambered in .357 magnum though.

dickn52

Bearcat
http://www.coonaninc.com/pistol-showroom/ well yes they do. Dig through these eye openers.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
Clovishound said:
Well I'll be darned. Wonder if they are reliable feeders.
I had one of the original model B's. I don't remember ever having a stoppage.
Wish I still had it but a guy made me a ridiculous offer and I accepted.