SR 1911 Cmd vs. Glock 23 range fun!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
I only have two semi-auto pistols,my Ruger 1911 and the Glock 23,so got them out for a little action.
Also broke in a new steel gong Tombstone target and it do have a nice ring to it!
Yes I tend to shoot the 1911 a bit better than the Glock.
https://youtu.be/jIsO7WIwtLc

Mus408

Hunter
james r jr said:
Good shooting. Enjoyed the video.

Thanks and glad you enjoyed! I have been thinking of maybe selling the .40 cal Glock 23 and getting a Glock 30S .45 ACP to replace it. The 23 is the only .40 cal I have plus I reload .45 ACP.

Right now I hear there is a bunch of plastic .40's on the resale market so will have to see how it works out. I like the Glock for an all weather carry gun and great durability that I always carry in my truck or on those sweaty summer days while out in the field.

Mike J

Hunter
I enjoyed watching your video. I could tell you were having fun. I like your range setup.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I've had my SR1911 lightweight commander for a couple of years and love it. I recently found a Glock 23c at an auction, I don't think it was shot, or at least not over a mag or two, no wear whatsoever on the ported barrel. It also came with a 357Sig barrel that showed no wear either. I'm having fun shooting both - along with all of my other pistols. I'm reloading 9mm, 38/357, 357Sig, 40S&W, and 45ACP now. Range day is a fun day.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
Glock 23 is one gun on my "never sell" list. Although I don't shoot it as much as I should, it would definitely go with me in a SHTF situation. When I travel, it is often the handgun I throw in my bag to have in the hotel.

When I do take it to the range, it is a very accurate and enjoyable gun to shoot.

Still... I like 1911's better. :)

Mus408

Hunter
Update to this subject....I recently picked up a Springfield XD-E in .45 ACP and it has proven a great shooter and very nice for carry. My Glock 23 is still here too!