Mag bind SR10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MTbisley44

Bearcat
Happy with it overall but can get DoubleTap 200gr hardcast to work in the factory mags. Both mags that cam with it I can get 4 reds of it loaded and then they all get stuck as I load the 5th rd. This is my woods carry ammo of choice and was wondering if after market mags may help. Any one else had issues with the factory mags?

1911Tuner

Single-Sixer
Ruger's magazine vendor was Check Mate. As far as I know, it still is. You've probably got a follower problem.

se3388

Bearcat
The first mag through mine had a failure to feed with the round stuck half way into the chamber, when I pulled the slide back to clear the round the mag popped three rounds straight up into the air. The second mag had one failure to feed requiring just a bump on the back of the slide to correct. After all that it has functioned 100% with around 500-600 rounds. I think my problems were from just having to break in the gun and may have not been magazine related.

Steve........

dieter9mm

Bearcat
MTBisley44,

I've had the same problem with my 2 provided 10mm mags. Loads FMJ and Corbon DPX OK, but Precision one JHP's do exactly as yours does. I'm not surprised to hear they're Checkmates. Did the people at Ruger say they were sending mags from a different lot or manufacturer? Wish I could get Mec-Gars.