SR 1911 10mm issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I had a 10mm Glock - G20 - that experienced a round of Double Tap ammo "blowing out" near the bottom of the case on the first magazine I fired through it. Ruined the magazine, locked the gun up, had to have a "Smith" get it apart. After that I changed to a 6" Glock barrel and different recoil spring, ended up selling the gun as I never really trusted it again too much. I like the 10mm ballistics, really want another one - but no Glock, probably want a 1911. Thought of an RIA, but might want to try the Ruger?

Mike Holmes

Pat-inCO said:
mohavesam said:
All signs point to a false claim. :roll:
After four months and still only one post . . . . Yup. :roll:

Yep, still no replies and we know that if he sent it to Ruger it would be back in his hands by now.

A troll mayhaps just to stir people up? Look at his profile - no location, no nothing. Seems to me that an honest member normally shows these things.

I still say that even with all the people that post that their Ruger was not up to par, right out of the box, in the grand scheme of things that number as compared to the number of guns Ruger produces is pretty low. People that have guns that work correctly right out of the box don't post to say this. All companies have things they build that even with excellent Quality Assurance checks they fail.

Geronimo Jim

Bearcat
My first Ruger was in 1969....44 Magnum for graduation present. Followed up by a lot more....m77 in 22 Swift ...Another Varmint in 308 which
I used in silhouette competition....then a bunch of Number 1's in a lot of different cal's. Oh...forgot the M77 in .458 Mag. But my all time
favorite turns out to be my SR1911. I use it in competition....Wild Bunch matches..take off on Cowboy Action. Run 100% of the time. A lot
of people have issued with their 1911's in competition. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. Oh...lube rails with Mobile 1 btw.

johnnyreloader

Bearcat
I now have 500+ rounds through my SR1911 10mm.

Absolutely fantastic machine!

First round out of the box, hit clay pigeon at 25yds.

Seems to like hotter loads, medium level (9.0grs Longshot/180gr Zero JHP)

don't seal the chamber well.

That's just a good excuse to load nothing but Blasting ammo!

Iggy

Bearcat
Pat-inCO said:
Anyone hear about taking a new 1911,

hand cycling the slide fifty or more times
(I prefer three to five times that many),

dry firing it 250+ times,

detail strip it,

clean and lube it properly,

then go to the range?

I've yet to have a 1911 fail after and initial handling as above.
HALF of the ones I've not done that to had some type of problem.

GOLLY-GEE-WHIZ Batman, they are 1911s. :shock:

PLEASE don't go with the "they should work out of the box" arguments.
We all want them as inexpensive as possible.
(Just like the Dem'z should have accepted Trump by now)
A friend even had his Wilson Combat fail without that.

Bingo!! I did that with two DW 10mm's that was snugger than a bull's butt in fly season, and never had a glitch. 8)