SR-1911 (full size) 670-53705 stolen in L.A. 08/20/2015

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
I won this nice SR-1911 (Ser. No. 670-53705) at the Boise show in Jan. 2013 and gave it to my son who used it as an off duty carry.
It was stolen from his home in Harbor City, Los Angles County, Ca. yesterday, 08-20-2015.
Also stolen was a GF-32, ser. no. 157-58653 that was the first gun I gave him.
These guns, along with some others also stolen, have been reported to Law Enforcement.
Please be on the look out.
Thanks,
Terry T

Sunbear

Bearcat
My in-laws are in Harbor City............ Getting ghetto!!!! They were burglarized recently as well..... Best wishes!

Terry T

Buckeye
"Sunbear",
Small world. Also stolen was his CHP badge, the first one he got when he graduated from the academy. He started getting suspicious cars creeping down his street after the burglary, after the word was out on the street that he was LE.
They gave up the rental and moved.
Some punks from the low income housing around the corner. They were on foot - neighbors saw them and called it in but it took LA county 30 min. to respond.
Terry T

Terry T said:
"Sunbear",
Small world. Also stolen was his CHP badge, the first one he got when he graduated from the academy. He started getting suspicious cars creeping down his street after the burglary, after the word was out on the street that he was LE.
The gave up the rental and moved.
Some punks from the low income housing around the corner. They were on foot - neighbors saw them and called it in but it took LA county 30 min. to respond.
Terry T
Man, that is a rotten response time! Another reason to be armed! When seconds count, cops are a half hour away!
gramps

Terry T

Buckeye
Good news! GF-32 S/N 157-58653 has been recovered in Los Angles by they L.A. Sheriff! :D
Bad news is that it was involved in a robbery and won't be released from evidence until after the trial and any appeals. :shock: :(

So far, none of the other stolen guns have surfaced. :(

This GF-32 was a gift from me to my son when he 'came of age'. Go glad he's going to get it back! Even if it takes a couple of more years!
Terry T

dickn52

Bearcat
I worked for US Customs in SF. One of our Inspectors lost 3 guns from her trunk over a 2 year period. Yeah, she was reprimanded out the patooty but never learned. Anyway, one of her guns was recovered in Kansas during a robbery. The other 2 have never been seen I guess. These things happen, and the guns do travel. Good luck in recovery.

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear about crap like this, hope he gets them all back. Had to damn near brow beat my friends to death to buy safes before something like this happened, not as easy to take.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Buy a gun safe, do not leave guns in your car or truck. Make sure your safe is anchored to the slab or
your house. I have had firearms for 70 years, and never had one stolen. Although I did have
a "Friend" i loaned an 870 to, and he went missing. My bad.
Blackie

Latest posts