1911 BBQ 1911s , Lets see them!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Guys, Ruger 1911s have been around for a bit now, and I believe some of y'all have some BBQ rigs to carry them in..... So in fairness to all others, pull that piece out, and show us your rig!!!! Please feel free to express your personal tastes in leather and steel. Rule#1: no talking smack about another fellers gun........carry on:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Uh ..... OK ... I'll bite .... What's a BBQ rig ? Personally ... I've never heard that term ....

REV

JFB

Hunter
I had to google the pharse also...It is your "sunday, go to meeting" gun

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bbq%20gun

revhigh

Hawkeye
JFB said:
I had to google the pharse also...It is your "sunday, go to meeting" gun

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bbq%20gun

No wonder I never heard of it ....

Oh yeah ... and I DON'T WANT ANY FLOWERS OR FRILLY VINES SCRATCHED ONTO MY GUNS ... or my holsters, or any other crap that does nothing for the gun's functionality. LOL. :D

Sorry, can't help you out with any pics. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
Is this a Southern thing?

I certainly hope so .... It means I'll never have to see one again ....

Ugh .... I just threw up in my mouth .... I went to that site, and actually saw GUNS that had all kinds of frilly vines and flowers and other girly things scratched onto them .... I'm gagging again just thinking about it .... :D

Around my area .... If you showed up at a BBQ or picnic with a gun that looked like that ... 4 or 5 people would shoot you with their 1911's, just to put you out of your misery. It would be kinda like a humane euthanasia ....

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
I go to BBQs, but there is no way I am going to "out bling" a lot of the shiny, engraved, usually 38 Super 1911s. Not a Ruger but I have gotten good review from one of my Colt WWI repos in a repo of of an old US Army shoulder holster. Need to dig it out and take a picture of the holster.

Also not Ruger, but I do get comments when I take my 10mm DW, probably due to it having the bobbed rear and it is 10mm

Of course, if the BBQ is on the 4th of July then I do have one for that, also not a Ruger.

revhigh

Hawkeye
That Classic's a nice gun .... Too bad it fell into a saw ....

The others are good clean 1911's as well .... Just the way they should be. :D

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Uh, mexicanjoe, we kinda derailled your thread. Take it you have a BBQ gun/rig? You include a fancy holster it looks like. Let's see yours!

Obviously the mouth-breathers around here have no creativity or taste or imagination... :wink: Show us how it's done proper.

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
Someone has to show the exotic, artistic side of the hobby.

Otherwise the ol' curmudgeons just drag us all down . . .

;)

eveled

Hawkeye
Kind of funny, when barbecue guns come up in a revolver section, you get lots of great pictures of awesome guns. A 1911 just doesn't lend itself to that kind of modification. I'm with Rev on this one, I like 1911's plain and unadorned.

If I showed a picture of my barbecue rig, you'd see a fat man with an untucked Hawain shirt. Open carry is not legal here. Ed

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
Just to be serious for a second . . .

There's engraving, and then there's engraving. You know what I mean. "Etching" is not engraving IMHO . . . yuck, sez me.

I find certain styles of engraving on certain guns to be attractive. Much, however is merely a distraction rather than an enhancement.

What I consider to be tasteful, artistic, skillfully-accomplished engraving is far beyond my means, so I cannot back up my comments with examples . . . but I know what I like and dislike. Same thing applies to carving/stamping on leather.

Your toys, your money, your choice.

And now . . . back to the free-for-all.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Folks if I can figure out how to post pics,Ill post my one BBQ gun. my vcr still flashes 12:00!!! Around here a BBq gun is what is usually referred to as a "court gun". You put on your best boots, carved rig and best hat when you go testigy in court. And when you do yearly qualification, you take your carry guna dn your BBq gun; so as to have something to talk about/// All in good fun