SR1911, What is the lowest serial number you have seen?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've seen a lot of sr1911's lately. The lowest number I have seen is 00089 and it was one of the engraved models. There is no consistancy as far as the 100 engraved models are concerned, the serial numbers are all over the place and not consectutive at all. It's like Moe, Larry and Curly (the ruger engravers) each went to the rack and pulled out a stack, came back a few days later, grabbed some more, finally they had a hundred of them done. I used all my deductive reasoning power along with my statistical inate ability to achieve at the number of 80,000 sr1911's on the street with another 25,000 ruger fans waiting for the next production run. The engraved sr1911 sells for twice the avg of the regular production model, ($750 vs. $1500+), that seems a lot for an engraved slide and two plastic grips to me. You can put one heck of an engraving job on a regular one for $800.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Looks like Ruger gave the engravers the unassigned subscription low SN guns, at least in part...........totally inappropriate. there should be other ways to sell or assign thiose guns to existing demands...........Just sayin' :?

The Wall

Single-Sixer
To answer the OP original question, the lowest serial number I have seen is 0001. It was on a air conditioner.

hittman

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Looks like Ruger gave the engravers the unassigned subscription low SN guns, at least in part...........totally inappropriate. there should be other ways to sell or assign thiose guns to existing demands...........Just sayin' :?

That sounds logical and unfortunate. But we gotta remember .... just like any other business with stockholders and directors to answer to ..... it's all about profit.

Profit ain't bad.

p.s. ~ I started a thread in the Lounge about subscription numbered guns so I don't get this members subject off track. See that thread please and post any info you may have. Thanks.

Latest posts