Hey Revhigh and guys.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Philbee

Bearcat
Snowy, nasty old day today. Couldn't get out and do anything so it was a good day to strip, clean, re lube, and reassemble the SR1911 and get it ready for a range trip when the weather improves. I shot a few pics of the feed ramp area for you guys and didn't see any of the voids that were shown in the other posts. Yippee! I'm NOT the best photog in the world so bear with me here, okay!

Ruger%20001.jpg

Ruger%20002.jpg

Ruger%20003.jpg

Great pics, indeed.

The flaws we have seen were on the flat area just in front of the feed ramp.

On yours, no sign of any, whatsoever. And the ramp appears to be pretty nicely finished, as well. It's not exactly "polished" but it looks good to me.

JMHO
:)

Philbee

Bearcat
James, are you gonna do anything with yours in the way of a repair or switching out? Send it back to Ruger? If I remember the pics, it is in such a place as to not be a real issue. Just wondering. Was yours loaded up with grease from the factory? When I cleaned this thing up today I had almost enough to grease my truck. ha ha ha.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Looks the way it SHOULD look !! :D Glad to see that. I'd just get a dremel with a felt polishing pad and some Flitz, shine up that feed ramp area and be done with it. Not absolutely necessary, but it can never hurt. Don't grind ... just polish.

REV

Miata Mike

Bearcat
I didn't get a chance to strip mine down since we have a cooling off period here in Wisconsin. I have never bought a gun that was so full of factory grease. Needs a good cleaning. Sucks to have to wait three days to pick up something I bought online 8 days earlier...... :wink:

pctech

Bearcat
Philbee,
I am in the process of sending mine in for replacement. I plan to keep my SR1911 forever, and that type of defect is just not acceptable to me. It reminds me of poor quality/craftsmanship every time I see it.

Philbee

Bearcat
I don't blame you one little bit James. I'd do the same if it were me. Let us know when you get your new replacement and how it looks, okay? Good luck sir.

revhigh

Hawkeye
dlidster said:
Ale-8(1) said:
...The flaws we have seen...
JMHO
:)
Careful, this is how rumors begin. There has been one flaw reported, not the flaws.

Actually we've SEEN ONE ... and heard of at least one other in exactly the same place. At least from what I remember being posted.

REV

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I think the Op mentioned he heard of another one. Not sure where if that's where I heard the same thing.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I went to original thread and the 4th post down by Piccalo says he had the exact same problem. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138860&start=0

revhigh

Hawkeye
The Wall said:
I went to original thread and the 4th post down by Piccalo says he had the exact same problem. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138860&start=0

Yup.

REV

So that makes two casting imperfections--the term "flaw" is not accurate as it suggests that the frame should have been rejected in the manufacturing process which is not the case-- (only one that has been confirmed with a photograph) out of 13,000(+/-) pistols manufactured to date....any manufacturer would be thrilled with that ratio.....

IF one of my SR1911's had the imperfection but was super accurate I would not return it to Ruger if they begged me, to me, this is much ado about nothing....it has zero effect on the gun...Ruger has been casting 1911 frames for many, many years...they know what is and isn't a problem they should be concerned about, they have great understanding of the casting process.....

Verndog

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
So that makes two casting imperfections....-- (only one that has been confirmed with a photograph) out of 13,000(+/-) pistols manufactured to date....any manufacturer would be thrilled with that ratio.....

You make the above statement that there were only 2 confirmed out of 13,000 frames with this flaw yet you have no proof to back this up. Did all 13,000 guns sold have owners that read the 1911 forum on Rugerforum.com, and have access to a digital camera and were able to post their potential problems?? NO. Truth is we have no idea how many there are, how many owners don't even care they are there, and I'd bet my life that more then 2 out of 13,000 made it out there.

Verndog-

Sorry to confuse you with the facts.

HOW many SR1911's have been returned to the factory for this issue? So what you are saying is because we only KNOW about one that has been confirmed via the forum there HAS to be a lot more??? :roll: :roll:

Let us use a little common sense...ONLY ONE, and possibly TWO, forum members have brought this up as an issue....how many forum members do you think own an SR1911??? I will stand behind my statement...you can continue to find reasons to bash the SR1911 because you feel the need I guess... I OWN 2 SR1911's currently and have given two more as gifts, how many do you own or have you purchased, VERNDOG?

I try to keep to the facts and leave the falsehoods, BS statements and speculations to guys like you...your better at it than I am...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Verndog

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
Sorry to confuse you with the facts.

Correction...you have no "facts". You have a WAG based on 1 thread on 1 internet forum... and have managed to confuse or fool yourself.

NO....Again...you are the confused individual..your statement perfectly applies to your post...I have direct knowledge but I cannot comment further....you can think whatever you wish...I will no longer try to convince you of something that you have a predetermined position on.

have a great day.....

Latest posts