Looking for a SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kscott

Single-Sixer
yeah, I know... laugh it up... 8)

Anyway, I sold my LCR last weekend so that I would have the money to pop on a SR1911 when I got the chance. I had a good lead that a shop I was watching was going to have some this weekend, and they do... BUT they want $690 + $45 shipping. I was really hoping to pull a similar deal to what many on here have gotten and get one for $669 +$20 shipping. I know it's only a $50 diff, but I just now convinced myself to buy when I see one for $50 more than what my gun shop wants, but doesn't know when they'll get one. I'm now first on the list, but they just filled an order a couple weeks ago, so I don't expect one soon. So I was ready to shell out the extra $50, but not sure I wanna shell out the extra $100 now...

I've called 20 shops today all over the US. I called all of the ones that I saw on here that had some at one time including a bunch more that I found online, but only two had any. Hoffman's said they had a bunch but wouldn't ship any and a guy in VT said he had one, but had to have $799. Ugh... Anyway, if anyone catches any new leads, hit me up.

Thanks

kscott

Single-Sixer
Well, no reason to sell it then. Haha. I really liked my LCR, but since I picked up my LC9, I really didn't carry it anymore, so I figured I could part with it.

trauma1

Single-Sixer
Wow! People really pay those prices? got mine for under $600, +tax and call-in. Amazing what we will pay for a firearm!

Chris

Blackhawk
When the SR 1911 First came out the MSRP was $549.99. Since then it has been Steadily on the rise. The most I saw one sell for was $855.00 IMOP is ridiculous, but the bottom line is the Gun is worth what someone wants to spend on it, can't faul anyone for that.
There is a Guns shop in Arizona, that was selling them for 599.99, $50.00 bucks over cost last year, he bought 50 of them, just to bring people into his store and he sold out in a day.
Still have not seem any of them up here in the Northeast, Ruger dropped the ball on this. According to the Prescott Plant Mgr. they are making 2,000 a week, and that was well over 3 months ago when i spoke to him. If they are making them, then where are they going, certainly not here.

RUT

Single-Sixer
>>When the SR 1911 First came out the MSRP was $549.99. Since then it has been Steadily on the rise.<<

That's why I had to chuckle when certain folk said they were going to wait to buy until the price came down! (yeah, right) :lol:

The Wall

Single-Sixer
RUT said:
>>When the SR 1911 First came out the MSRP was $549.99. Since then it has been Steadily on the rise.<<

That's why I had to chuckle when certain folk said they were going to wait to buy until the price came down! (yeah, right) :lol:
I'm not so sure you're correct on the MSRP being $549.99 when they first came out. I bought mine when they first came out and the MSRP was $799.00 the same as it is now. Are you maybe talking about dealers cost?
I got the information right off of the Ruger website in April 2011.

kscott

Single-Sixer
The Wall said:
RUT said:

I'm not so sure you're correct on the MSRP being $549.99 when they first came out. I bought mine when they first came out and the MSRP was $799.00 the same as it is now. Are you maybe talking about dealers cost?
I got the information right off of the Ruger website in April 2011.

IIRC, you are right. I don't necessarily remember it being $799 when it came out, but I don't think it was ever 550. That's only $20 more than the SR pistols.

Chris

Blackhawk
Boy did I screw that up, What I should have said was The MSRP Originally was $699. To compete with the likes of the Kimber custom II and the Springfield. This particular dealers cost was $549.00 and he sold them at $50. over cost.
Sorry about the earlier confusion on my part. Profit margin seems about right, 549. vs 699.
Who pays MSRP anyway

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I got the call today; I had put my name on the waiting list at my LGS when the Ruger announcement first came out, and they called and said they had several in and were working their way down the list. Told them thanks; but to go to the next person.

I purchased a Colt 1911 while I was waiting and used up my gun funds for the moment. At least glad to hear they are getting out there.

I am sure the next person on the list is quite happy now.

Chris

Blackhawk
Took

What price did they want to sell it to your for?

Also, while waiting for the SR 1911, I tripped over a Colt NIB XSE $445.00 (guy owed me a couple favors) and a west German sig p230sl $275.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Chris said:
Boy did I screw that up, What I should have said was The MSRP Originally was $699. To compete with the likes of the Kimber custom II and the Springfield. This particular dealers cost was $549.00 and he sold them at $50. over cost.
Sorry about the earlier confusion on my part. Profit margin seems about right, 549. vs 699.
Who pays MSRP anyway
Original MSRP was $799.00 not $699.00. :)