SR 1911 build date?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Well I had never even seen a SR1911 in the flesh until today when a local dealer called me. I had put my name on a waiting list for the SR1911 back around October of last year.

I went down and put the gun on layaway as I am currently low on gun funds. Didn't even think to look at the fired shell casing date. The SN# is 11,11X. Does any body with a SN# close to mine have an idea of a production date based on the fired casing?

BTW, I happily Paid $699. I was just getting ready to say forget it in regard to finding one locally and pay $800 for one on GB. I was happy to get the call today and spend the money locally. :)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A good guess is the final fitting was somewhere around 3-8 days prior to the testfire, presuming no rework loops. Nothing gets packaged until the test fire & cleanup/final insp. so why worry much about the manufacture process?

still a very good value at 2011 pricing. Who doesn't need one more 1911?

G2

Hunter
I recently aquired a;
102XX 12/2011
093XX 1/2012
121XX 1/2012

So as you can see not in order, but I would say you Dealer just got it and bet it is a 1/2012, They don't hang around. :roll:

Al James

Hunter
Thanks for the help guys! I read many posts here on the RF for a while last night after making my OP. Like stated above it appears that these guns are not shipping or being produced in numerical order. Good ol' Ruger. So looks like I will find out when I pick the gun up.

Reason that I'm curious is that I really wanted a 2011 gun, but since this was my first and only chance at grabbing a SR1911 I figured that I had better jump on this one regardless of production date.

Thanks again for your help!

Miata Mike

Bearcat
Al James said:
Reason that I'm curious is that I really wanted a 2011 gun, but since this was my first and only chance at grabbing a SR1911 I figured that I had better jump on this one regardless of production date.

Thanks again for your help!

That's what I was hoping for too, but just snapped one up on here less than 2 hours after it was posted. Looks like I missed by 5 days, at least the date the test cartridge was fired 1/5/12. Maybe it was made right before new years.... :lol:

Went to my FFL where I have been #20+ on their list, and the first thing the guy says to me is "should we cross your name off the list"? They checked to see if I was on their list as soon as it came in! :shock:

Chris

Blackhawk
Still NONE around in the Northeast, and I do mean NONE.
It's a shame,Ruger is generally on the Ball with all there new Issues. but someone dropped the ball badly.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Chris, I believe there were several at Kittery Trading Post. There have been several up in your area but you gotta be on the ball too. ;)

Chris

Blackhawk
Matt
I have been looking, ran across one in The Oaks show in PA last weekend, nice size show 700 tables. Guy wanted $875.00.. I said dollars... Naturally I passed on it but I did ask him this. How can you sell a Kimber custom II NIB for 649.99 and the SR1911 for 875.00 and have them seated next to each other.
I could actually hear the looney tunes sound..duh
If you spot one at a normal price drop me an email.

Chris said:
Matt
I have been looking, ran across one in The Oaks show in PA last weekend, nice size show 700 tables. Guy wanted $875.00.. I said dollars... Naturally I passed on it but I did ask him this. How can you sell a Kimber custom II NIB for 649.99 and the SR1911 for 875.00 and have them seated next to each other.
I could actually hear the looney tunes sound..duh
If you spot one at a normal price drop me an email.

Call KTP, I just picked one up today that I special ordered this past Saturday, they may have them in stock right now or you can special order and I bet you get it quickly....not sure if you have a local FFL who will charge you a reasonable transfer fee though...

Good Luck....