So that's where they're going..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
My favorite salesman at my favorite LGS near the Preskitt mothership told me today as we chatted they wished they could get as many 1911s as they've been doing Ruger employee purchases for it. :?

Now we know..

hittman

Staff member
Wow!? How many employees do they have and do they ALL want one?

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Rumor? The LGS employee said his shop has done way more Ruger employee purchase transactions of the 1911 than they've been able to get to sell in the shop. There are 8 or 10 gun shops in the Prescott area. Not sure how many do Ruger employee gun transfers. Apparently Ruger employees can't buy guns directly from Ruger, they have to be shipped to a gun shop. I've heard this from other sources as well. Maybe Yo Sam knows.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I can see it happening, but not really enough to affect overall sales and availabilty, unless they're unlimited and the employees are all buying them and reselling them to make a profit.

Can't really see Ruger allowing that though.

REV

The Wall

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Can't really see Ruger allowing that though.

REV
How can Ruger stop their employees from buying as many as they want. They aren't buying them from Ruger directly as employees. Not like they are getting a employee discount.

Sugar River

Buckeye
The employee purchase program allows each employee to buy a gun at 62% of MSRP every 6 months. Ruger cannot transfer them directly however, they must go thru a dealer.

Pete

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sugar River said:
The employee purchase program allows each employee to buy a gun at 62% of MSRP every 6 months. Ruger cannot transfer them directly however, they must go thru a dealer.

Pete

That's how ...

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
I suspect this gun shop is 2nd in sales volume in the area behind J&G Sales. The comment was unsolicited, we were just talking after I bought some ammo and looked at the SR22 PISTOL. He didn't say it about the little PISTOL and it's brand new and hot. Good endorsement that Ruger employees are buying lots of 1911s.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Sugar River said:

Pete

That's how ...

REV
That doesn't mean that they can't buy them without the discount if they so desire. That's how.... So as to the OP I doubt the employees are where all the SR1911's are going.

revhigh

Hawkeye
The Wall said:
That doesn't mean that they can't buy them without the discount if they so desire.

Sure ... granted ... but how many would somebody REALLY want ?

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
mattsbox99 said:
...they have made over 13000 1911s in less than a year of production.

Is that a known fact they've produced that many? I asked my LGD about it (he is a small dealer but does a fair amount with Ruger), and he has never even seen 1!. And he has access to several distributors and was able to locate me a hard to find CZ recently.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
mattsbox99 said:
...they have made over 13000 1911s in less than a year of production.

Is that a known fact they've produced that many?

LOL !! Within the last week I've seen that number quoted as 11,000, 12,000, and 13,000 .... it's all purely speculation, and no amount of studying 'serial number ranges' can be used to supposedly 'verify' it.

When it really comes down to it ... who cares ??

The bottom line is ... whether they made 11,000 or 1 million .... is ... CAN YOU OR YOUR DEALER GET ONE.

REV

mattsbox99

Hunter
If every dealer in the country ordered your precious SA do you think they would all get them overnight?

Vern, Ruger doesn't generally produce in SN order, and they may have had some culls but with SNs over 15000 I would think there should be around 13000 in circulation.

The 13000 number sounds accurate enough to use as a general production number to date....but consider that I have seen the new SR22 pistol serial numbers up to 16xxx already and that puts the low volume production of the SR1911 into some perspective.

BTW, I ordered three (3) SR1911's the day the gun was announced from three different LGS's in my area, I received one within a few weeks, one a few months later and I am still waiting for the third LGS to call....I would have bet that the LGS that has NOT filled my order as of yet would have been the first store to fill my order.....go figure.

I have decided that I am going to buy as many as I can prior to the price increase which I believe has to be coming.....Just my humble opinion of course.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Sugar River said:

Pete

Dang, that means they can get a SR1911 for less than $500. I need to go make some new friends... 8)

Verndog

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
Nh Rugerman said:
I have decided that I am going to buy as many as I can prior to the price increase which I believe has to be coming.....Just my humble opinion of course.

Why?

You never know who's gunna come knockin' on the door. :wink: