Ayoob's annual handgun magazine/Sr1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
He published a 2011 Complete Book of Handguns last year, if you missed it you can probably still get it. He covers ammo, holsters, reviews several pistols, has stuff about the legal portion of after you shoot someone- really good stuff.
The new 2012 issue just came out, and he has a 4-5 page review of the Sr1911- overall he really likes it, but as always he points out the bad things, too. Only a few on the SR1911, like, the decocker isn't ambi.
Anyway, it's a really good mag, and if you can I'd recommend getting both issues. Think they're only $6-7.

Snake45

Hawkeye
freedomcosts said:
Anyway, it's a really good mag, and if you can I'd recommend getting both issues. Think they're only $6-7.
I wish! They used to be that, but cover price of the new issue is $11.95. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Still, it only comes out once a year, and prolly worth it if you're an Ayoob fan. There's usually good value in his stuff--I almost always learn something new from him.

Otony

Blackhawk
freedomcosts said:
He published a 2011 Complete Book of Handguns last year, if you missed it you can probably still get it. He covers ammo, holsters, reviews several pistols, has stuff about the legal portion of after you shoot someone- really good stuff.
The new 2012 issue just came out, and he has a 4-5 page review of the Sr1911- overall he really likes it, but as always he points out the bad things, too. Only a few on the SR1911, like, the decocker isn't ambi.

Huh? :?:

GKC

Blackhawk
Otony said:
freedomcosts said:
Only a few on the SR1911, like, the decocker isn't ambi.

I'm sure he meant "thumb safety." Although, technically, the decocker on a SR1911 isn't ambi...there isn't one at all, much less one on either side. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Otony said:
freedomcosts said:

I wondered about that too .... :roll:

REV