SR1911 1 of 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martyj

Blackhawk
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269489847
Anyone know how they determine the serial # for these. I saw #670-00104 today and by my math they are not sequential.
I guess Ruger never was very good at counting or we wouldn't have D guns
Thanks martyj

hittman

Staff member
Here's the ad text:

Up for sale is a NIB Ruger SR1911 chambered for 45acp. It is a 1 of 100 custom run that features laser engraving and faux ivory grips. Will come with the factory box, all paperwork, two magazines, extra set of wood grips, black nylon pistol rug w/Ruger logo, and lock.

Nothing special that I see about the Model Number Ruger put on the box. If it's a "special run" I'm guessing a run by an engraver and not Ruger or surely it wouldn't simply be labeled "Model 06700 Catalog SR1911".

No, Ruger doesn't necessarily do serial numbers in order.

Value? I'm guessing whatever someone is willing to pay for the custom work and plain grips. We know these factory-fresh are being bought in the $600 and under range so ..... no idea what to add.

That sticker on the bottom right of the one photo does have a bar code and something like "1911 Custom S" but are we sure that sticker was applied by the factory?

Darkwolf

Bearcat
OK...3 numbered 1 of 100...that is more than a bit fishy. Going with martyj...worth less that a standard SR1911 to me now.

These are not marketed for the folks that automatically hate any engraved gun.

They're marketed to folks like me, who very much appreciate some engraving.
P1000042.jpg

WAYNO.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Have not handled one of these but from some pics I've seen it looks to me like etching, not computer laser-melted nor tool-engraved?

Numbering them all "1 of 100" is not unusual. I have a couple other guns (Encore Whitetail Special 1 of 250; Ruger No 1 Michigan 1 of 200) as-such. They are all engraved by pros and done as a series for some distributor or organization like DU or MCRGO, etc. very nice nonetheless for those who deviate from plain vanilla every once in awhile.

I just have not been able to find these SR1911s listed as a distributor exclusive yet. Ruger's site does not list them despite at least one GB ad stating they are "factory-authorized". In Rugerland that'd only mean a dist. exclusive to me, and as I said, it isn't in their advertising. Sounds like an aftermarket run pending more information.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yuk ..... I don't like flowers on my guns ... or cheap-looking smooth $5 plastic grips ....

Worth $200 tops to me ..... if that.

REV

The Wall

Single-Sixer
If it was actually engraved,polished, and had the black Ruger medallion on the grips instead of the red it would be worth what they are asking for it.

martyj

Blackhawk
Just got off the phone with Ruger records and these left the factory as SR1911!
They are not Ruger authorized and they do not know where the are coming from.
As to having any collector value in the future who knows.

bobf

Bearcat
They are from the Ellet shooting show. An announcement was made that the first 100 dealers to sign up could each buy one. Mine has both labels like the picture on Gunbroker.
Bob

GKC

Blackhawk
You have all overlooked the orange sticker...that automatically makes it worth more.

martyj

Blackhawk
They are done by ruger engraving by Baron Technology for Ellet Bros. I just got a confirmation email from the Tom Lent the Custom shop manager.
Why Ruger records didn't know this is another question I haven't figured out yet.

martyj

Blackhawk
GKC said:
You have all overlooked the orange sticker...that automatically makes it worth more.
Is that why one is a couple hundred dollars more on GB? That is an expensive sticker on there.
Are the oragne stickers worth more than the green ones on a mark ll?

Latest posts