Sr1911 Warranty Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Atec

Bearcat
If you mod your Sr1911 . Trigger job or other mods Does this Kill warranty right away.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
This is from the Ruger website FAQ. Q: If any factory parts in my Ruger gun have been altered or modified, will the Service Department perform repairs on the gun?
A: Ruger firearms are designed to function properly in their original condition. Sturm, Ruger will not be responsible for any alteration of any part of the firearm, or for the addition or substitution of parts and accessories not manufactured by Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. If firearms sent in for service are found to be altered, they may be brought back to factory specifications at the discretion of Sturm, Ruger and at the expense of the customer. So please remove any custom parts and accessories prior to shipment to Ruger for service.

I will be sending you the bill for the cost of doing this research for you. :lol:

Chris

Blackhawk
Yup thats true, buddy of mine sent his mark III hunter in that he converted to a mk II. You know the standard stuff, removing the magazine safety, replacing the bushing, trigger job, etc

Ruger removed all the custom parts and sent them back to him in a bag.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Ruger doesn't make any warranty anyway. Now, they will take care of anything that arises, just that they don't make any written warranty.

Atec

Bearcat
THANKS !
And for The Wall .. The checks in the mail ! :lol:

Latest posts