Where to look for SR1911...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msuengben

Bearcat
I know these are in short supply but where should I get on the waiting list for one? I see where Impact Guns will take your credit card info but will not charge you until it ships. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks for any advice.

Bennett

Atec

Bearcat
msuengben said:
I know these are in short supply but where should I get on the waiting list for one? I see where Impact Guns will take your credit card info but will not charge you until it ships. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks for any advice.

Bennett

Its hit and miss . For me the best thing was to give a small deposit and just wait and wait until I get that call. Tombstone Tactical has a waiting list also. Just make sure that if you do put your name on a list the price is in stone. I had my name on a list with a lgd . He quoted me 625.00 and the next time i talked to him he said he wanted 780.00 when and if they ever arrive. If you want one now , check the online gun auction sites. But you will pay top dollar.

GKC

Blackhawk
We are visiting in San Antonio, Texas. I went to the store, and saw a little hole in the wall gun shop in a strip mall. I had a few minutes to kill, so I went in...it was a really tiny place, a little bigger than an average bedroom, with stuff stacked and piled everywhere. There was like one display case, and it had so much stuff stacked on top of it that you couldn't really see what he had in the case...and there weren't many guns, maybe 15 or so. Anyway, I just decided to look for courtesy sake, and lo and behold, in his case was a SR1911! He had $650 on the tag, if I read it right...it was very hard to see. The guy behind the counter was waiting on a customer, who was standing right in front of it, so I didn't ask him to be sure...but I think that was how it was priced.

I believe the name of the shop is Don's Gun Shop...it was on Babcock, near Callahan. I guess if you are close to San Antonio you could check it out, or have your dealer call.

msuengben

Bearcat
Thanks and decided to go with Tombstone. Put 10% down for now and got an email with the total price. Now for the waiting game!

Atec

Bearcat
msuengben said:
Thanks and decided to go with Tombstone. Put 10% down for now and got an email with the total price. Now for the waiting game!

Congrats , just dont start checking off the days ! lol

Chris

Blackhawk
I have been waiting for months, I don't know what the delay is, its not like Ruger is retooling the plant, They are Usually on point, but with the 1911, they dropped the ball badly.

Atec

Bearcat
Chris said:
I have been waiting for months, I don't know what the delay is, its not like Ruger is retooling the plant, They are Usually on point, but with the 1911, they dropped the ball badly.

I think they are having the electric lines run to the plant sometime in 2013. :twisted:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
How many times are we going to hash this out? No balls dropped, period. Ruger builds other guns and will not dedicate a new plant to one model. If one wats one, I continue to advise that one look at the Ruger Events listing on the Ruger website. Find "Ruger Day(s)" and drive, call or walk to the location and see if they have the SR1911............ 8)

Atec

Bearcat
HAWKEYE#28 said:
How many times are we going to hash this out? No balls dropped, period. Ruger builds other guns and will not dedicate a new plant to one model. If one wats one, I continue to advise that one look at the Ruger Events listing on the Ruger website. Find "Ruger Day(s)" and drive, call or walk to the location and see if they have the SR1911............ 8)

I hope I can make it to there and back , I have a one hour lunch. Just mapquest it. I-695 E to I-85 S
5 hrs 56 mins / 345.26 miles View Elevation

I-695 W to I-85 S
5 hrs 59 mins / 349.56 miles View Elevation

US-360 W
6 hrs 43 mins / 330.23 miles View Elevation
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Atec said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:

I hope I can make it to there and back , I have a one hour lunch. Just mapquest it. I-695 E to I-85 S

I-695 W to I-85 S

US-360 W

So what's the problem ??? No desire for a 12-14 hour ride to buy a 1911, and then maybe not get one anyway ?? What's the issue ???

See .... they're READILY available to all ..... :roll:

REV

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Atec said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:

I-695 W to I-85 S

US-360 W

So what's the problem ??? No desire for a 12-14 hour ride to buy a 1911, and then maybe not get one anyway ?? What's the issue ???

See .... they're READILY available to all ..... :roll:

REV

I am not in a hurry , The ffl called my Cz arrived today .

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Atec said:
The ffl called my Cz arrived today .

Hey ! Congrats on that ... which one did you get again ?

REV

The cz75b limited edition . The sad part is I am slammed at work so i wont be able to get to the dealer for a few days to see pistol. Then I have to wait another week for papers to clear.

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
msuengben said:

Bennett

I put myself on the list at the Fort Worth Texas Cabelas store in late July and had my SR1911 on 8-23-11. Paid a bit more than other folks,but I have been enjoying it for over four months.

I hope you have one near you.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
I think some of this discussion should be about the distributors. I laid eyes upon 10, yes 10 SR1911's sitting behind the counter at the LGS. The dealer said that was his 90th some odd SR1911. Another dealer in the same town has not had one, hell he as not even held or personally seen one.

BTW, there are three conseq. numbered guns in this batch. I noticed the box has changed (may not be new news) but the "SR1911" is no longer on the box.

PM me, and you can call and talk to the dealer if you want one. He is selling $699.00. Numbers are in the 10XXX's

revhigh

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
I laid eyes upon 10, yes 10 SR1911's sitting behind the counter at the LGS. The dealer said that was his 90th some odd SR1911.

Another dealer in the same town has not had one

There's something wrong with this picture .... clear favoritism obviously. Ruger's not making many friends with the way these guns are being distributed. And if you say it's the DISTRIBUTORS, then Ruger should be giving that DISTRIBUTOR far less, and some others ... far more.

REV

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Vern dog, Really??? watch my lips...he has sold over 90 SR 1911's. The 10 he has just arrived recently. Look at the poll, the $699.00 is what you pay if you do not want to whine.

Rev, sometimes life ain't fair. This LGS holds Ruger Days every year, and as far as I know the only one is SE Idaho to do so. Ruger attends, I guess when you market them, they respond. When you sell a bunch at the market in the area you get the guns.

Oh well, I am having a ball shooting' mine, and yes at $699.00, and worth every cent.[/b]

revhigh

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
Rev, sometimes life ain't fair. [/b]

Life's fair as far as I'm concerned. It's just another 1911.

Any more than $575 and I don't want it anyway .... so 2 years from now or never is fine with me. :D

Not a thing wrong with my Colts.

Handled a Remington R1 today. Nice gun. Priced at $674. No thanks. For $25 more I'll buy a Range Officer.

REV