The Next Ruger SR1911 Varient Will Be:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
I strongly believe the next varient on the beloved 1911 platform to roll out of the Ruger Plant will be a 1911 subcompact, probably more than likely, sporting a 3" bbl. When you consider the current trend in semiautos these days is leaning more and more towards the subs', this only makes sense. As for the commander sized 1911? I feel it will go the way of the .41 Mag. Which is somewhere out there in left field.

A.W.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I think it will be the same model with a Cerakote frame & slide finish. Make it look like it's blued. And then after they are done selling millions of those they can make the smaller versions. In the gun forums I've seen more request for a blued version than for the compact versions.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
THERE ARE A REPORTED "FOUR YEARS OF FIRM ORDERS, AT CURRENT PRODUCTION LEVELS"........REST EASY MY STALWARTS. "IF" A NEW VERSION IS ANNOUNCED, IT WILL HAVE TO WEASEL INTO THE CURRENT BACKLOG. JUST SAYING......... 8) GLAD I FOUND SOME.....NOW, AGAIN, GO TO THE RUGER WEBSITE AND LOOK AT SPECIAL EVENTS. THAT IS WHERE THE QUANTITY OF SR911'S WILL OCCUR. BUY SOME GAS AND A MAP, DRIVE TO THE LOCATION AND BUY ONE OR MORE.......... :wink:

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
I would expect to see more finish combinations then a 4" model before a 3-inch barrel. Would love to see a 9mm version also!

Snobal

Bearcat
I'm wishing for a target model SR1911, with good-quality adjustable sights, hand-fitted barrel to bushing to slide, and guarantee of 3" C-T-C (or less) at 50-yards......

....with an MSRP of less than $1000.00. 8)

GKC

Blackhawk
The Next Ruger SR1911 Variant Will Be:

Mine. :D

If Ruger makes another model as nice as this one, then I will be buying it too. I do hope for a compact model...but I would buy a 5" blue model too. If they make one with adjustable sights or a rail, I probably would pass on that.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I would just like to see one of them in any flavor. I would bet the next version would be the same tried and true model in blue. It's the safe bet!

Joe C

Bearcat
Snobal said:
I'm wishing for a target model SR1911, with good-quality adjustable sights, hand-fitted barrel to bushing to slide, and guarantee of 3" C-T-C (or less) at 50-yards......

....with an MSRP of less than $1000.00. 8)

LOL! Well, you know what they say about wishing...LOL! Considering there isn't a company on the market doing this yet, I don't think that will happen at this point from Ruger. And I can say this having tested many stock pistols in that price range. Media claims are one thing but real life on the range experience with independently tested guns is a whole nother ball of melted crayons.

But there are plenty of guys out there getting them tweaked and tweaking them on their own. I just finished one last week that I put adjustable rear sights on so the guy could use it for BE with iron sights...

As for the next new offering, you can probably count on it being a commander in .45acp.

Joe C

Bearcat
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
Joe C said:
As for the next new offering, you can probably count on it being a commander in .45acp.
In full stainless if we're lucky.

LOL! I personally would not place a wager on that one...