Shot the SR1911 for the first time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
I ran 200 rounds through her. She didn't have one problem. As smooth as ever. I like it better than my kimbers. In fact, it makes my kimbers seem like a waste of money. I am simply in love with it. I can't wait to shoot again. Are there Mepro's for this gun yet?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Smokngun said:
In fact, it makes my kimbers seem like a waste of money.

Can't disagree with you there .... they have got to be the most over-rated and over-hyped gun on the planet. Never shot one worth owning, and I've shot quite a few.

REV

9x19

Hunter
The SR1911 is a nicely built pistol, but comparing it to my own Kimbers, it is not any nicer than them, nor does it exhibit significantly different accuracy. I'm not a fan of the black small parts on a stainless pistol, but that is a small gripe.

Sights are standard Novak, and I believe both Meprolight and Trijicon offer replacements that will fit.

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
Plus i dont have to use that stupid take down tool anymore. I will say my stainless kimber raptor was a pretty gun to look at but the Sr1911 is a beaut as well.

GKC

Blackhawk
Smokngun said:
I will say my stainless kimber raptor was a pretty gun to look at but the Sr1911 is a beaut as well.

I can agree that Kimber makes visually appealing guns...but, there it stops for me. I've owned three Kimbers (note past tense) and have no plans to ever own another. I'd rather spend my money on a gun that works, and one that is backed up by a company with good service...if I want something to look at, I can clip pictures out of gun magazines.

The SR1911 may be slightly more utilitarian in appearance, but then function has its own beauty...and the SR1911 is indeed a handsome pistol.

A

Anonymous

revhigh said:
Smokngun said:

Can't disagree with you there .... they have got to be the most over-rated and over-hyped gun on the planet. Never shot one worth owning, and I've shot quite a few.

REV

REV, I know it's not a 45, but I love me Kimber stainless target II 9MM, it is the best shooting 9mm 1911 I have fired out of colt 1911 9mm, springer loaded, RIA tactical, and STI spartan.
Eric

revhigh

Hawkeye
gumpys said:
revhigh said:
Smokngun said:

REV

REV, I know it's not a 45, but I love me Kimber stainless target II 9MM, it is the best shooting 9mm 1911 I have fired out of colt 1911 9mm, springer loaded, RIA tactical, and STI spartan.

Eric

The fact that a 1911 isn't a 45 means nothing to me ... I love 9MM 1911's and am very close to purchasing one ... the RIA GI ... as a project gun.

Regarding your kimber shooting well ... alll I have to say about that is .... even a blind squirrel (and I don't mean you gumpy) eventually finds a nut ... LOL :D

REV