I just called one of the big Wholesale Dist. and asked...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Philbee

Bearcat
If he could shed some light on this deal of not being able to get these SR1911's. I asked if the supply was starting to catch up with some of the demand for this firearm. He told me that Ruger will not share info with the wholesalers' about the supply problems at all. And said further that he sees NO increase in shipments of late on this model at all. Does anyone REALLY know what is going on or is everyone just GUESSING?

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Just guessing from what I've seen. I seem to remember someone posted a letter from the Ruger CEO that said they were going to expand the assembly area/line which should help. That was several months ago, and haven't heard anything since. I think that thread was on this forum if you want to search for it.

buscadero

Single-Sixer
I called up Kittery Tradeing Post yesterday and had them put my second one on the shelve. I'll pick it up this weekend. They have about ten of them and had them available since they first came out. $639.95 plus tax. My LGS hasn't even seen one.
Kittery is only 80 miles away, they've had them from the beginning. Go figure?
Jim

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
buscadero said:
I called up Kittery Tradeing Post yesterday and had them put my second one on the shelve. I'll pick it up this weekend. They have about ten of them and had them available since they first came out. $639.95 plus tax. My LGS hasn't even seen one.
Kittery is only 80 miles away, they've had them from the beginning. Go figure?
Jim

Anybody wants one bad enough, looks like Kittery Trading Post has some. And, at a good price!! Add $25 for shipping to your FFL and $25 for your FFL to do transfer... you're into one for $690!! Not a bad price if you REALLY want one bad enough.

9x19

Hunter
My local dealer had another on in the case this morning, priced at $649, but he always has wiggle room.

buscadero

Single-Sixer
Here's Kittery Trading Posts info:

Kittery Trading Post
For inquiries by phone: call toll free 1-800-872-4867 or FAX (207) 752-9015
By mail: Attn: Shooting Sports, Kittery Trading Post
301 U.S. Route One, PO Box 904, Kittery, ME 03904

Jim

Atec

Bearcat
buscadero said:
Here's Kittery Trading Posts info:

Kittery Trading Post
For inquiries by phone: call toll free 1-800-872-4867 or FAX (207) 752-9015
By mail: Attn: Shooting Sports, Kittery Trading Post
301 U.S. Route One, PO Box 904, Kittery, ME 03904

Jim

I just called there , Spoke to a salesman named Trip . He says they do not have any in stock. :( And he quoted me 669.00

Atec

Bearcat
9x19 said:
My local dealer had another on in the case this morning, priced at $649, but he always has wiggle room.

Does your local dealer , ship to a ffl ? Do you have a telephone number ?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Atec said:
I just called there , Spoke to a salesman named Trip . He says they do not have any in stock. :( And he quoted me 669.00

LOL ... so much for these things being 'readily available' from some dealers ... there's ALWAYS somebody who knows somebody who has had them from day 1 and has already sold 50 or so ... for a great price ...

Looks like the price is now $720 OTD .... if you can even get one from Kittery ....

I'll wait for mine at $575 .... I'm very patient. :D

REV

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
revhigh said:
Atec said:

LOL ... so much for these things being 'readily available' from some dealers ... there's ALWAYS somebody who knows somebody who has had them from day 1 and has already sold 50 or so ... for a great price ...

Looks like the price is now $720 OTD .... if you can even get one from Kittery ....

I'll wait for mine at $575 .... I'm very patient. :D

REV

Some folks want one worst than you do, Rev. 8)

Even at $720.... if you don't like it, you can sell it here and make your money back!!! :)

I barely missed out on a couple, then someone here (Hawkeye#28) KNEW of someone that had one left. Gave me the name and phone number and BINGO! Snagged one.

So you guys that want one, you gotta be willing to run down leads and when you find one be quick to pull the trigger on the deal. As I stated above, if you don't like it (but you WILL) you can sell it here and get your money back. :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ruger Packer said:
Even at $720.... if you don't like it, you can sell it here and make your money back!!! :)

I seriously doubt that .... would YOU buy a USED SR1911 for $720 ? I won't buy a new one for anywhere near that ... but then I don't care if I ever get one either. I will admit that you could probably get at least $650 back without a problem.

I can easily wait. If I can't get one at my price ... then I don't get one. No big deal either way. :D

One day I'll get a call .... and then I'll have one. In the mean time I'm not waiting for the phone to ring. It'll ring when it rings.

REV

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
revhigh said:
Ruger Packer said:

I seriously doubt that .... would YOU buy a USED SR1911 for $720 ? I won't buy a new one for anywhere near that ... but then I don't care if I ever get one either. I will admit that you could probably get at least $650 back without a problem.

I can easily wait. If I can't get one at my price ... then I don't get one. No big deal either way. :D

One day I'll get a call .... and then I'll have one. In the mean time I'm not waiting for the phone to ring. It'll ring when it rings.

REV

With the demand what it is right now, and if I didn't have one yet, yes I would.

I'd as soon pay $720 for a used SR1911, than pay that much for a Kimber or Springer, new or used! 8)

So, you guys that are really wanting one, run down ANY lead ASAP and pull the trigger on it before someone else snaps it up.

buscadero

Single-Sixer
Here's a copy of my correspondance with Kittery Tradeing Post.
Keep trying, they keep getting them in.
The price is $639.95 Plus $30 for shipping.

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 10:48 AM
Subject: RE: Contact Request from Kittery Trading Post Website
Importance: High

Hi Jim,

We have some in stock right now...if you can call me back asap at 207-752-9074
we'll get the ball rolling. Our price is $639.95, shipping (if necessary) is $30.

You can also reply to this email if you can't call right now.

Best Regards,
Chris

Internet Firearm Sales
Kittery Trading Post
301 US Rte 1
Kittery Maine 03904
207-752-9074
[email protected]

The Wall

Single-Sixer
buscadero said:

Hi Jim,

we'll get the ball rolling. Our price is $639.95, shipping (if necessary) is $30.

Best Regards,
Chris

Internet Firearm Sales
Kittery Trading Post
301 US Rte 1
Kittery Maine 03904
207-752-9074
[email protected]
I just did the math on this. For me to buy from this location it would total $747.43. That includes tax, shipping, and transfer fee. The same as I paid for mine in May locally. So depending on where you live, the taxes, and transfer fee, this is a good deal.

revhigh

Hawkeye
buscadero said:
The price is $639.95 Plus $30 for shipping.

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 10:48 AM
Subject: RE: Contact Request from Kittery Trading Post Website
Importance: High

Hi Jim,

Best Regards,
Chris

Internet Firearm Sales
Kittery Trading Post
301 US Rte 1
Kittery Maine 03904
207-752-9074
[email protected]

So ...... did you get one or not ? :D

REV

chm270

Single-Sixer
Gander Mountain in Lacrosse, WI always seems to have one or two. One in the case and a new one in back.
Haven't been there recently, but I'd be willing to bet they have one or two.

buscadero

Single-Sixer
Yes Rev, I did,
I'm going down to pick it up this week, it's all paid for. :D
This will make two that we got. The wife took over the first one. I put slim grips and a short trigger on it for her.
Keep trying Kittery, they're owned buy Shawmut, which is a distributor, so they keep getting them in.
Jim

hittman

Staff member
I suppose the distributors who do not have these are ~ for whatever reasons ~ not pushing very hard to get them.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I got mine in the first part of may, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have it if I didn't call the LGD a couple of days after I ordered it to see if he had any idea of when I would get it. He said, let me call the distributor and I'll call you back. About fifteen minutes later he called and said his distributor had one and it was on it's way. So I think if the dealer and distributor put in the effort they can find them. Of course that takes time and time is money. Maybe tell them if they get one quick you'll give them a nice tip. lol