I just called one of the big Wholesale Dist. and asked...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msuengben

Bearcat
Here is an email reponse I got from someone high up with Ruger on why there are no SR1911's in stock anywhere:

"The good news is you got your Redhawk. The bad news is it will take a while on the SR1911. We introduced this pistol last May and it was a tremendous success. We thought it would be good but it was unbelievable. Problem is we can only make one of these compared to 40-50 regular pistols because of the tooling and workmanship. Compound the fact that the machinery we have was thought to make X amount of guns a day we can only get half that many made than expected. We invested in a second set of machinery in July and the last of the machines are due in this month. Even with two lines running we will not be able to catch up with the demand.
At this point if you are dealing with a retailer that takes an order from you ask them how many people are ahead of you. If they are a good sized dealer they may get a few in the next 3-4 months but will not get any quantity at one time.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you on this model. Only thing I can tell you is hope for the best and not be in any hurry."

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Gee...........(!)Sounds like a high quality product with astonishing high demand, made on outstanding equipment, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....
(NOT Brazil, OR built in America with Brazilian parts) Glad I went to "Ruger Days" at my Friend's Little Crow Sports, Hutchinson, MN and Purchased them............JUST SAYIN' 8) THANKS! TO JIM AND KATY :wink:

msuengben

Bearcat
I agree it is a high quality product and that is why I already have 2 Ruger handguns and wanting the SR1911.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Gee...........(!)Sounds like a high quality product with astonishing high demand, made on outstanding equipment, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....
(NOT Brazil, OR built in America with Brazilian parts) Glad I went to "Ruger Days" at my Friend's Little Crow Sports, Hutchinson, MN and Purchased them............JUST SAYIN' 8) THANKS! TO JIM AND KATY :wink:

+1 8) :wink:

ronnielc

Bearcat
That Ruger comment is what I heard. They can only make a few a day. There're some pics and videos of the manufacturing process. They have been waiting for all the special machines to ramp another line for production. That is unfortunate.

I just found one yesterday and is being mailed today. It was in some obscure place out west.