holster suggestions.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

blackbrd1369

Bearcat
Im looking for a good holster for the sr1911 just to put the gun in to go down to the home range and then maybe out to the local public range. Looking for something leather OWB, but I don't like the leather holsters with the retention strap. Not looking to break the bank either. Anyone have any suggestions.

buscadero

Single-Sixer
I know you said "Leather", But......
For a cheap holster that works, with no retention strap,
It would be hard to beat a Fobus. $20.
They're comfortable and hold the gun securely.
JMHO
Jim

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Try here if you want reasonably priced leather. I have two of their holsters and they work just fine. I have the 1911 with the thumb break which I like for the added safety when carrying cocked and locked. I have the same holster for my Beretta 96. I also have a Blackhawk Serpa holster which works real good when used with a belt. It's not leather. For what you're talking about the Fobus or Blackhawk would be better that the leather in my opinion. you can Google leather holsters and shop around. There's also lots of holsters listed on EBay.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Check out this guy. I have one of his holsters and a mag carrier for my 1911. Very nice holsters and craftsmanship at a good price!! And, best of all, he is a member of this forum!!

http://www.peterscustomleather.com/

1911s009.jpg

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Have a look at SimplyRugged's Cuda. I have the Cuda for my SR1911 and one for a Glock 23. Rob builds nolsters that work.

Bill

Tom Richardson

Bearcat
simplyrugged.com

Email: [email protected]

Rob makes a good holster for revolver or auto. You name it, he will make it.
Holsters ride high and tight, strong side, or cross draw.
You will not find a better man to do business with.
TR

SimplyRugged006.jpg

SimplyRugged001.jpg

SimplyRugged004.jpg

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have a Bianchi Carrylok for my SR.

Its just like the Peters above but has a built in trigger latch to keep it secure.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=82

minderasr

Bearcat
I have a DeSantis Speed Scabbard (no thumb break). Great holster and reasonably priced.

desantis%20speed%20scabbard%20belt%20holster%20black%203%20slot.jpg

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/BELT-HOLSTERS/Speed-Scabbard/Colt/Government-Model-45cal

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
I got my 1911 holster from peterscustomleather today.Its the same as Ruger Packers' but black.Beautiful workmanship !

DSC00381.jpg

45acp230

Bearcat
WoodsWalker- I have several of the Kramers-auto and revolver. They ain't cheap but they are top quality!!! I've been using my IWB for my Combat Commander since '91. No retention strap, just a "pressure" fit. I've slept with it on, been in the creek a couple of times, and been thrown from a horse once with it on, never lost my weapon!! In the last year, the holster has lost some of its tension. If I turn the holster upside down (in my hand!!) with a loaded pistol in it, the pistol will slowly begin to fall out. I may be in the market for a new Kramer!!! This holster saw almost daily use for the first eight years I had it, plus the above mistreatment!! And don't forget a good belt. Mine are double thickness horsehide from Kramer. The belts last like the holsters, as long as your waistline lasts. Mine didn't, so I stepped up to new belts in 40" !!! Hank in Va.

woods-walker

Single-Sixer
45acp230,

My Kramer has more than a few miles on it and continues to perform well. When that inevitable day comes that it needs replacing I ordered a Milt Sparks in horsehide as a backup, excellent workmanship.

You made an important point about holster belts. They are an equally important part of the carry rig.

Good leather is a pleasure to own.

blackbrd1369

Bearcat
The wife bought me this holster for Christmas from the Ruger shop.
photo-1.jpg

Its a Mitch Rosen and I would have to say it is very nice, very well made and fits like a glove. Now I just need to get a descent belt for it.

revhigh

Hawkeye
woods-walker said:
Kramer Horsehide Holster. Baer TRS 1911

DSC04550.jpg

Nice slide serrations and grips on that Baer ! Very nice. And front strap checkering the way it should be done. Serrations on the sight is also well done.

I hope there's not slide serrations on the front .... :D

How about a pic of the entire gun ? Nice looking piece.

REV

woods-walker

Single-Sixer
revhigh,

Here's a photo that was taken right after I had received my TRS ( it was a long wait) and swapped out the original grips for a set of VZ Aliens. I placed my order before the UTC was offered which is essentially the same pistol.

DSC03885.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
WOW !!

That is a clean looking piece !! Thank GOD there are no front slide serrations, but I don't think Baer does much of that superfluous cosmetic crap. I could live with a standard grip safety and no beavertail, but the combination of the flat MSH and the long trigger is PERFECT.

That is a GREAT looking 1911. Beautifully done front strap checkering.

Truly tastefully done.

I also really love the clean looks of the Rock River Arms 1911's ... it's a real shame they don't make them anymore and have gone over to all AR's. Their 1911's remind me of yours ... clean, sleek, and black.

REV

Bondgun

Bearcat
Here is a favorite style of mine. Alessi also makes an identical model for a bit more.
http://www.usgalco.com/ViewLargePic.asp?ProductSKU=SSS212B

Happy New Year
Scott

Bondgun

Bearcat
Here's a pic of my Alessi CQCS w/my Talo Ltd 1911:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/158411-sr1911-sighting-page-2.html#post1844353