Anyone regret getting the SR1911 that got one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triker

Single-Sixer
I am looking to get one sometime. I have heard good things so far. Do any of you that have one wish you had got something else instead of the SR1911? I don't see any posts here that are not satified. I have never had a 1911 model before, only DA 45. Is there a big learning curve to get adjusted to a 1911 from a DA? My other was a S&W 4506 a few years back. triker

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I'm very satisfied with mine! Have 150 rounds through it and not a single hiccup yet! Planning on another 100 rounds through it sometime this weekend. 8)

revhigh

Hawkeye
triker said:
Is there a big learning curve to get adjusted to a 1911 from a DA?

No .... but there's a very steep learning curve going to a (HORRIBLE) DA trigger once you've experienced the incredible single action trigger of a 1911 .....

REV

The Wall

Single-Sixer
No regrets at all. Put your order in now if you can. Was that .45 DA only? The S&W you mentioned is a DA/SA if I'm not mistaken. If you shoot that one SA, you might get an idea of the difference. I know my S&W 586 has a very light trigger in SA mode. You will automatically become a better shot with the SA. :lol: Make sure you're pointing it in a safe direction the first time you shoot it. :)

tookalisten

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
triker said:
Is there a big learning curve to get adjusted to a 1911 from a DA?

No .... but there's a very steep learning curve going to a (HORRIBLE) DA trigger once you've experienced the incredible single action trigger of a 1911 .....

REV

True! I did not get a SR1911 but recently bought my first 1911. I commented this past weekend that I do not want to even shoot my striker fired pistols any longer.

"Don't think twice. It's all right!"
As a matter of fact it's great, especially for the price. I've talked to some 1911 owners who like it as well as, or better than their Kimbers, Springfield's. If you get a crack at one, buy it.

triker

Single-Sixer
Sorry guys, I don't know how to do "quotes". For "the wall", yes my S&W was a DA/SA, so have shot both ways. I am also looking at that new SP101 in 22 that Ruger has. Trying to decide which one first. I have a good supply of 22 ammo, and NO 45 ammo. Thanks guys, the SR1911 will be on my buy list soon either way. triker

Cholo

Staff member
triker said:
Sorry guys, I don't know how to do "quotes".

Just FYI: Hit the quote button at the top of the post you want to quote and then type your response. You can erase any part of the post as long as you leave the "quote" brackets at the beginning and end. Try it out and then hit the "preview" button at the bottom to see if it comes out ok. It just takes a time or 2 to get the hang of it.

triker

Single-Sixer
Cholo said:
triker said:
Sorry guys, I don't know how to do "quotes".

Just FYI: Hit the quote button at the top of the post you want to quote and then type your response. You can erase any part of the post as long as you leave the "quote" brackets at the beginning and end. Try it out and then hit the "preview" button at the bottom to see if it comes out ok. It just takes a time or 2 to get the hang of it.

Thanks Cholo, hope I got it right.

dlidster

Single-Sixer
I'm fast approaching 6,000 rounds. I'll be shooting it in another match Sunday, leaving my CZ 75B in its case. I love this gun. Get one.

The only regret I have for getting 1, is that I was not able to buy 2 at the time. Of course at the time the shop only had 1 and I do not know how many more they have gotten since.

whtsmoke

Bearcat
My only regret and yes there is one if we all will admit it, we just dont get to shoot the darn thing enough, me mines going to the range tomorrow.

toolman

Bearcat
I have a few (understatement) firearms that cost much much much more but the sr1911 has made it on to my never sell or trade list it will go to my son when I pass a long time from now I really enjoy this firearm ruger hit a homerun with this one if you can get one get it .

RugerHound

Hunter
I paid full boat (799) for mine and have NO regrets whatsoever. It's a fine fine handgun! I'm only unhappy that I missed two of the Ltd editions (1 of 100) :?

mattsbox99

Hunter
I like mine so much I have a Dillon set up for its favorite load. :D

Its my favorite of several 1911s (including more expensive ones).

Honestly the best value for the dollar out there, even at MSRP.

XDM4545

Bearcat
JUst a question....how do you guys feel the sr1911 compares to the remington r1? They are releasing a ss version soon and it looks alot like the ruger. Is the rem a series 80? Either way I prefer Ruger over Remington.

I only ask because I have seen some guys lose patience and buy one instead of waiting for the Ruger. I think they will regret that choice.

triker

Single-Sixer
I ended up buying a Springfield loaded target SS. Looks a lot like the SR1911. The SR1911 is still on my want list, but am waiting for demand to slow down and price get back to normal. I am not paying $850 or more for one of them. If it gets back to $700 or less, I will own one. triker