Anyone regret getting the SR1911 that got one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XDM4545

Bearcat
I was just on gunbroker.com and saw 12 sr1911 for sale, most were in that $700-$750 range with no bids on them. I would guess that is a sign that things are starting to equal out a little.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
triker said:
I ended up buying a Springfield loaded target SS. Looks a lot like the SR1911. The SR1911 is still on my want list, but am waiting for demand to slow down and price get back to normal. I am not paying $850 or more for one of them. If it gets back to $700 or less, I will own one. triker

Just when I was losing patience and thinking about getting the more expensive Springfield Loaded Target SS, I ended up finding an SR1911 on line and getting it -- nothing to compare it to since it's my first 1911 but I love it and look forward to more models and hopefully one in 9mm.
The SA Loaded is a beautiful gun though and there may be one in my future too...

GKC

Blackhawk
I am very happy with mine! I have only read of one person who wasn't...it was on the 1911 forum, and this one member was very unhappy with the way the frame was cast or machined around the grip safety. I think he went through two or three replacements with Ruger, and still isn't happy....and especially not with Ruger CS. That is definitely an exception in all the reports and posts I have read. I think Ruger definitely did it right on this pistol!

I bought a more expensive Colt, and I'm having an issue with the magazine catch. The Colt rep that participates on the forum was very quick to assist me, and send me a shipping label, etc. so I have no complaints about Colt's service. My point is, that even more expensive guns can have issues...but there seem to be so very few being reported with the SR1911s.