A LOT of gun for $450. :shock:

DSCN0203-1.jpg

DSCN0207-1.jpg

doc540

Single-Sixer
flyinfred said:
uh Doc does it have a name?

"Throw Down" :D

It's a "Citadel" which is just one name on many guns made by Armscor in the Philippines.

thanks...I'll edit it :oops:

Hoss4570

Bearcat
As a conasuer of finer things (1911s, that is) I like it and almost think I gotta have one. Sure as he!! cant beat the price..
..... :D :D :D :D

doc540

Single-Sixer
I was remiss for not mentioning the factory trigger.

It's VERY good for a combat setup.

No creep

Clean break

5.5 lb

flyinfred

Blackhawk
I have got to get one of these...especially since I gave my daughter my Colt 1991-a1 compact and the $$$ of that has gone through the roof......sigh....

mohavesam

Hawkeye
How is it for sharp edges? Looks like a great candidate for "melting" and mild personalization.

Nothing wrong with one more 1911 - even a stumpy.

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
I looked at that same model but with the RIA brand at my local GS,$399.If it shoots like you described,it is one heck of a bargain.

gobe

Bearcat
Ruger Packer said:
Looks like officer's size grip... 3.5" barrel...... right???

Roger that, Packer. I recently bought one exactly like the one pictured. It's a Sweetheart. Trigget was beautiful right out of the box! Eats the center out of the 'Bull' at 30 - 40 ft., even with my 74 year old eyes. Gonna put a few more boxes through it and then it goes to one of the best Pistolsmiths in the area for CC tuning. He does wonders with them, not that they need much. He's high on them and says they are as good or better than many that cost twice as much.

I know this is a Ruger Forum, but I've got to share a story with you 1911 lovers. My Pistolsmith was shooting at a rather exclusive Gun Club and one of the Match Shooter's was poo-pooing the 'cheap' RIA 1911's.
Mike, my Pistolsmith, told him that he could set-up and RIA that would outshoot the 'Doubters' Match Grade Wilson Combat (a $5000+ gun). The guy laughted and wagered a heavy bet with Mike. Bad move.

Mike took a standard 5" RIA right out of the box, tuned it and set the date for the match. Long story short ... Mike's 'tuned' RIA did outshoot the 'Doubters' Wilson Combat. Just for your amusement 'n amazement ... Mike switched guns with the Doubter and the Doubter outshot his own gun with it.

Mike told me, "Just because they're inexpensive (relatively speaking) doesn't mean they're 'cheap'. They are built out of the best steel on the market, are all steel and built like a 1911 oughta be built. Great basic 1911 to work up!" ... end of story.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nice clean looking gun .... just my style .... beavertail is less visually pronounced on a blue gun .... doesn't bother me as much.

If that trigger's plastic .... it would have to go. Otherwise .... perfect ... looks like some decent bluing too ... or is it parked ?

REV

hittman

Staff member
doc540 said:
A LOT of gun for $450.

Hmmm ...... one of these has shown up in a local store. It appears to have a black color finish ~ can't say it is "blued" ~ didn't have a chance to get it out of the case.

Can't see a bad mark on it and they're asking $299.00 so ~ might deserve another trip to that store tomorrow!

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
hittman said:
doc540 said:
A LOT of gun for $450.

Hmmm ...... one of these has shown up in a local store. It appears to have a black color finish ~ can't say it is "blued" ~ didn't have a chance to get it out of the case.

Can't see a bad mark on it and they're asking $299.00 so ~ might deserve another trip to that store tomorrow!

Perhaps its a cerracote type finish?

Seems like a good price!!!

hittman

Staff member
Cerracote may be the answer. Their web site (Armscor) wasn't too helpful on what finishes available. Most I saw pictured were that kinda "green" matte finish like my RIA MilSpec full size A1.

Anybody know if this black look is or was a factory finish?

Maybe they'll also have the box for it and it will hold my answers. Kinda hard to pass at $300.00.

revhigh

Hawkeye
hittman said:
Cerracote may be the answer.

I'm guessing Parkerized .... looks like a rough matte texture ... typical of Parkerizing.

REV

TopGUN

Bearcat
I have almost the same gun. Mine says crusader compact by High Standard. Think it was a special run by Lipseys. Still made by Armscor. Gunblast did a review it. Check it out. Mine has great sights, a wonderful trigger, eats everything I put init, and is extremely accurate.

Jeff