SR1911 finish preference?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

If these finishes were all available, which would you prefer?

• The current low-glare stainless

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Shiny stainless

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • OD green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parkerized

• Nickel

• Duo-Tone

• Total voters

GKC

Blackhawk
Where is the option for "one of each" ? :lol: :lol:

I like the current finish. I'd have to see a blued finish to see how well they do it...but seriously, if they offer several finishes, I might want one of each finish.

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
HAWKEYE#28 said:
GKC said:

I like the current finish. I'd have to see a blued finish to see how well they do it...but seriously, if they offer several finishes, I might want one of each finish.

Plus one on that! 8)

The current low glare i really like.......
I just voted for the blue finish hoping that when the commander model is released it will be the traditional deep blue-black Ruger.
Hell........i'll lay my coin down for one that evolves into Ruger plum. :shock:

revhigh

Hawkeye
chapped lips said:
I just voted for the blue finish hoping that when the commander model is released it will be the traditional deep blue-black Ruger.

I wish they'd use the deep BLUE blue like Colt and S&W used to do.

Never liked the BLACK blue that lots of companies use these days.

REV

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
Agree that many black finishes today look as if the firearm has been dunked in a vat of glossy black paint.

The early Sturm & Ruger's that i have seen and that i own have that black-blue or blue-black that appears to have depth.
Similiar but different than the deep finishes on the early S&W's.
Probably a different level of polishing......before the blueing process and after.

mattsbox99

Hunter
GKC said:

I'd also like to see several finishes, Ruger is totally capable of it. I prefer polished blue but low glare stainless is okay too.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
chapped lips said:

I wish they'd use the deep BLUE blue like Colt and S&W used to do.

Never liked the BLACK blue that lots of companies use these days.

REV
I think they do the black now because of the tactical look craze. 8)

w5lx

Single-Sixer
Considering the quality of Ruger bluing, I opt for stainless. Now if they blued guns like Colt and S&W did in the 40's and 50's I'd go for bluing. Colt Royal Blue comes to mind. But as it is today, I'll take stainless.

SR1911LeftSide-4.jpg

I like wood and blued steel, but Ruger hit this one out of the park. I think they made a unique fresh take on the 1911. I'm sure there is one similar out there, but this is one good looking pistol. I'm glad they didn't go after a Kimber or GI wanna be. By the way, it's a shooter too.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The blasted finish kinda looks like an AMT Hardballer copy. In short; "It's been done before".

That is about the only thing that really disappointed me with this rollout model. I'd also prefer high-polished flats at least.

A high-polish overall would be very special, but any after-market job would wipe out the laser-etching. Too bad.

Nice as-is, for the price.

hittman

Staff member
Don't care what finish. Five months since they were "released" and we're still waiting to see one in person.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
It's a good practical piece...functional...nothing added that doesn't need to be there. I like it a lot and have found after about 1000 rds, that it's the equal of my customized Colts. Rod

A

Anonymous

I will have to get a picture of mine, got mine in all high polish besides a few areas, will post some pics soon of it.
Eric