SR1911 .45 added to collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
I know this is old, but unless going under 3lbs MIM will do just fine to get cleaned up. The trigger pull you got is nothing unusual. When SACS redid my RO they cleaned up the sear and hammer and it breaks at under 3. Now with that said, longevity is going to be sacrificed as a result. MIM will begin to roll overtime or chip depending on the alloy. I did not intend for this trigger weight, I simply asked they check the damaged sear. They recut the hooks and did a trigger job. I would have sent a C&S hammer and sear but the way it played out there was no way at the time. SACS offers a steel set but for the price I couldn't see doing it. In the future it will get the C&S stuff installed but its a target gun so not deeply worried at the moment.

Also Joe Chambers did one using the stock Ruger fire control group and he said it was very good MIM. Look him up, he is trusted.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
Chuckybrown said:
wayned said:
Glad you're happy with what you had done but I think you should've shot it first to see how it worked out of the box.

I don't have to shoot a base RIA to know I want something better. I know my way around pistols, and know what I wanted.

ditto1958 said:
+1. And about that stain less firing pin? Ruger put a titanium firing pin in the SR1911 to make it a drop safe series 70. I'd be more than a little reluctant about messing with that.

Well, I understand this, but I also didn't want to risk and FTF because of the lighter firing pin. There is a true performance difference between a titanium pin and a stainless pin. I get the risk.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ruger anticipated that, and uses a lighter spring. Also, I've never read any complaints that I can recall about the SR1911 having light strike issues. My own personal SR1911 has never had that issue either.

dickn52

Bearcat
I have two things in mind. IF I ever have to use my carry gun, I know that I will most likely never see it again. So I want reliability at affordable costs. Hence SR1911's. After the trials, appeals and whatever it will be 4-5 years before a judge finally says destroy it or whatever. AND if you think you'll simply walk into the local PD and have them hand to you, then you're wrong. SO, why put all that work effort and money into it? I want a throw it in the mud, pick it up and it goes bang when I pull the trigger.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Hey,
It's Chuck's pistol! Don't be killjoys.
He is proud of it and wanted to show it off, like we all do.
I liked my SR1911 .45ACP out of the box and it goes boom!
Nuff said!
Blackie

Latest posts