New Black Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Been wanting to replace the stock trigger on my SR1911 Govt with a black trigger, just 'cause I thought it would match the dark slide release, safeties, and MSH as well.
I finally got around to doing this and I like the results.

I installed a long black match trigger from Thunder Mountain Customs (down the road aways in Sierra Vista, AZ).
It took some fitting but I like the results.

65D927C8-EE8B-4CDF-9503-66AE72EC9340_zpsrkrb68vh.jpg

The stock trigger was ok but had a little up-and-down sloppiness.
This trigger, after some fitting, has no up-and-down movement.
It has minimal pre-travel and overtravel now, and it feels great!
I function checked it but won't be to the range for a while.
The only downside is I think the serrations on the face of the trigger seem a little sharp, I may have to sand them down a little but I'll wait until after the range trip to decide.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I have a few of the old Pachmayr triggers left in my parts box, solid black nylon, adjustable overtravel, "snug tabs" top & bottom and lighter by a sneeze than the drilled aluminum types.
I could never figure out what a "lightweight" aluminum trigger gets me over a plastic one that weighed in 4 grams less... my finger can't tell any difference and I'm a sensitive guy!

dakota1911

Buckeye
Harrison Design has one with a smooth face. Here is one I fit in a 1980 Colt Commander, and it did take some time to fit it.

revhigh

Hawkeye
TucsonDirt said:
Been wanting to replace the stock trigger on my SR1911 Govt with a black trigger, just 'cause I thought it would match the dark slide release, safeties, and MSH as well.
I finally got around to doing this and I like the results.

I installed a long black match trigger from Thunder Mountain Customs (down the road aways in Sierra Vista, AZ).
It took some fitting but I like the results.

65D927C8-EE8B-4CDF-9503-66AE72EC9340_zpsrkrb68vh.jpg

The stock trigger was ok but had a little up-and-down sloppiness.
This trigger, after some fitting, has no up-and-down movement.
It has minimal pre-travel and overtravel now, and it feels great!
I function checked it but won't be to the range for a while.
The only downside is I think the serrations on the face of the trigger seem a little sharp, I may have to sand them down a little but I'll wait until after the range trip to decide.

Nice look ... never cared for that oddball looking trigger on the stock gun.

REV