SR1911 Night Watchman Talo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo said:
You might try here:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=213914

Thanks. I thought this ad was here, but the search function would not find it for me. Glad you found it for me.

I just now put in my order with him. He had one waiting for me. :wink:

WAYNO.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Picked up my Commander the other day. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but here are a couple of pics. Basically a black SR1911 with Night Sights. I didn't like the look, or feel of the factory grips, so I installed a spare set of VZ's I had laying around.

SR1911C_NightWM_1.jpg

SR1911C_NightWM_2.jpg

mrbumps

Blackhawk
HAWKEYE#28 said:
The website info on the short barrel shows Novak sights and not the tritties(as shown and noted for the standard size gun).............Looks like you have the night sights........ 8)

The one you are looking at on the Ruger website is the Navy Seal Commander, which is different. This is the same as the 5" shown on the website, only in the commander size. It has the night sights, and came with the black micarta grips.

Well, I ordered this on Sunday, and on Wednesday it's already in my hot little hands. These pushers make it hard to remain on the wagon. :wink:

Seems to be very well made and finished. To each his own, but the black grips leave a bit to be desired.

These checkered rubber grips are an improvement, but walnut is what it really needs. :mrgreen:

WAYNO. :mrgreen:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Got my Commander on Monday. I agree with Wayno on the grips, I immediately swapped mine out for a set of Mastodon Ivory. Other than that, it is basically ready to carry (after reliability testing/firing or course)...night sights, extended thumb safety, beavertail grip safety, etc...

BB45C

bigbore45colt said:
Got my Commander on Monday. I agree with Wayno on the grips, I immediately swapped mine out for a set of Mastodon Ivory. Other than that, it is basically ready to carry (after reliability testing/firing or course)...night sights, extended thumb safety, beavertail grip safety, etc...

BB45C

Wow. Can we see a picture of this gun with the grips? :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
I don't a 1911, but have enjoyed my buddy's Taurus PT1911 from time to time. I like the look of that all-black gun, and certainly like the looks of the Ruger, too.

Skee

Bearcat
I have one my kids gave it to me for Thanksgiving. Change a few parts out:
New Harrison HD-120-B-TR hammer, strut, sear and disconnect = 3.0 trigger pull
New Harrison Slide Release
Fitted a new Wilson Combat Ambi safety and S&A magwell.
Strike Industries PX-09 stocks
Wilson FLGR
Fitted a new Greinder Three hole match trigger
Going to leave the night sights on for now, will switch them out for a rear Harrsion and a Novak Red FO Mega Dot front.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
The grips on the BLACK one is not the same as originally shown, they were outstanding.
I fell for the grips, called everywhere, I do mean every where, got double talk from Talo about them.
My gun says,"Im not comin out without it".

jgt

Buckeye
The grips on my lightweight commander "Night Watchman" are made of micarta. They are not all that pretty but they fit me fine and should hold up to much abuse.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
I fired my first rounds through my 1911 Night Watchman on Wednesday. I normally do not shoot 1911s but this one is growing on me! My gun came with green Micarta grips that are OK, but will be replaced with Sheep Horn very soon. My new 1911 did not like Wolf ammo very well. It failed to go into full lock up or full "battery"!. Had to use a rubber mallet to finish the slide moving forward. Same thing happened at the same time to my buddy with his new Night Watchman!? He was shooting Wolf ammo, while I had some wad cutters. Very dirty ammo and I do not plan to use it again? The gun proved very accurate for me, when I did my part correctly. Brass Frame/Lee

Latest posts