Today is the day. Brand new 1911 out to the range.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
It was nice. The first 5 rounds (loaded my mag at 5 each to start) didn't hit my 8x10 paper but the next 5 were in a nice 6 inch group. I know 6 inches isn't the best but pretty good for me. The next mags were about the same. I also shot my friends new regent 1911 he got on the cheap. It was a bit snappier but the barrel was shorter too.

I'm sure the 1911 will be out again.

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
very nice....been wanting one but seems like there are others in line first.....

eveled

Hawkeye
Glad you are so happy with the gun. No gun should be a safe queen IMHO.

For what it is worth, when I shoot a new to me semi automatic, I load two in the first mag, just incase it doubles on me. Depending on your shooting range/backstop it may be a non issue anyway. Ed

roylt

Hunter
Doubles? Never heard of that happening. Almost all of my guns are used before they get to me. Budget issue.

I went with 5 rds for two reasons. Easier to keep track of and a bit more range time / cheaper than going thru a full 7 rds per mag.

The 1911 was a warranty item from Ruger as they could not replace an older 45 cal pistol I sent in for repair. I had to pay extra to get the 1911 vs. a SR45 but I am glad I did.

Mike J

Hunter
Glad you like it Roy. I haven't shot a SR 45 but I think you made the right decision. The SR 1911 is my first & only 1911 but I really like the ergonomics & looks of the 1911 platform.

roylt

Hunter
My one and only 1911 too. Doubt I ever get another but do like it.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
Doubles? Never heard of that happening. Almost all of my guns are used before they get to me. Budget issue.

I went with 5 rds for two reasons. Easier to keep track of and a bit more range time / cheaper than going thru a full 7 rds per mag.

The 1911 was a warranty item from Ruger as they could not replace an older 45 cal pistol I sent in for repair. I had to pay extra to get the 1911 vs. a SR45 but I am glad I did.
That will be one of the best trades you ever get. :)

roylt said:

There have been some faulty/worn out 1911's that have gone full auto. I had a AR15 that I got used and it doubled and trippled from a bad trigger job.

Can you tell us more about the Ruger that you sent in? What model was it, and what was wrong with it?

tophlor

Bearcat
A 1911 addiction is one that is hard to stop and should be encouraged whenever possible. After over 100 years it is still one of the best guns made and the CMD from Ruger is an amazing gun for the money. Easily worth much more.

revhigh

Hawkeye
tophlor said:
A 1911 addiction is one that is hard to stop and should be encouraged whenever possible. After over 100 years it is still one of the best guns made and the CMD from Ruger is an amazing gun for the money. Easily worth much more.

Try to sell it for 'much more'.

Any gun or product is worth only what somebody will pay for it. In the case of SR1911's ... Right about $600 ... Unless unnatural market conditions exist ... Or a buyer is desperate.

REV