Truglo TFO Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stalem8t

Bearcat
Has anybody put these on their Ruger 1911? If so which size sight did you use? They come in 4 different configurations. 260/450, 270/450, 260/500, 270/500.

stalem8t

Bearcat
Well, lots of views but no replies. I'm gonna be the guinea pig then. I just ordered the 270/450 size I will report back how they fit and if my poa/poi changes. Wish me luck.

I do wish you luck been looking at sights for mine.
My older eyes have problem seeing the front sight it's a blur.
Also looking at Crimson trace I'm leaning towards the trigger guard mount.

Curious to see how those sights work for you. ps

stalem8t

Bearcat
Ok they are on. Here's the details for those interested.
Truglo part # TG131NT2 they are the 270/450 set.
Minimal filing to the sights themselves.
No modifications to the slide at all.
Used a sight pusher to remove and install.
Shot 20 rounds through it this morning off hand and poa/poi were spot on.
So far I'm happy with them, I will try to shoot some more tomorrow rain permitting.

1rebel

Bearcat
Ok if you still monitor this thread, how are the truglo sights holding up after a good 3 months use?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I have never been a fan of Tru-Glo's stuff and that is based on seeing some failures of their products in the field but those sights look to be well designed and made. Keep us updated with your thoughts and opinions as time goes by.

....and thanks for being our "guinea pig". :D

stalem8t

Bearcat
My load is a 210gr swc cast from an NEI 451205 mold at 855 fps. I did a bunch of shooting yesterday from a bag rest and it is hitting 1" high at 15 yds. I got used to the sight picture quickly and I'm still very happy with the sights.

sargents1

Single-Sixer
I have the TFO sights for my glock. They are Ok in full-dark and when outside, but I find them dim when indoors if you dont happen to be standing right under a light source.

I ended up putting them on my longslide for hunting. They do work well when you are outside and the sky throws enough light to light up the fiber optic light-pipes.

I went back to a regular Tritium front sight for my stock length slide. the white ring of paint around the tritium lamp shows up better when indoors.

had No quality issues with the TFO sights. They do work pretty well.

Good luck.

Latest posts